cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to install rear window screens on RoadTrek

yankinwaoz
Explorer
Explorer
Let me apologize in advance. I feel like a total idiot for not being able to figure this out. I suspect the answer is super simple.

This is a 1998 RoadTrek Popular 190. Over the bunks are windows that pop open on both the left and the right. Each window is equipped with a fly-screen. Just like the windows in your house that open up.

The screens had popped out of their frame. So removed them and replaced the screen and set the spline into its channel.

Now I can't figure out how to get them back in.

The bottom of each screen are two small metal "springs". The screen frames can only go in one way. The top edge is has square corners and slips in to a channel under the top pane of glass. The bottom of the screen has rounded corners and it matches the frame it rests in. One corner of the frame has a notch for the knob that opens/closes the window.

I can't figure out how the screen is supposed to stay put against the window frame on the bottom. The metal springs stick out between the screen and and frame. They aren't big enough to go over the lip of the frame. They don't go under the screen and push it up into the top channel.

I'm ready to throw away the springs and just glue the **** screens in place! Arrrrgh. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you.
Ron
1997 Roadtrek 190 Popular
3 REPLIES 3

GaryKH
Explorer
Explorer
Any luck with it yet?

AK49er
Explorer
Explorer
I would think that the spring bottom would fit into the channel first. Press down on top of the screen and fit into channel, the springs then would keep the screen in place. Just like the screens at home.

GaryKH
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried to get the top of the frame in position, & then gently push it up further up into the window frame. Then, the bottom should just push into place. They can be a bit of a pain!