cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HWH Levelers

RonR2440
Explorer
Explorer
We recently purchased a new class C that came with HWH levelers. Before the snows fly we thought we would take the RV camping for a couple of nights. I used the wood ramps I had for my old RV to try to level the unit then deployed the levelers. I noticed one front tire was slightly lifted off the ramp and I could just spin the tire. Late the next day my wife noticed the tire was now sitting on the ramp. It appears the levelers must have lost pressure, allowing the RV to settle. The levelers were on asphalt and I had placed large wood blocks under the levelers to spread the weight. Since I never used a leveler system before, is this slight settling typical? Thanks ahead of time for your responses.
3 REPLIES 3

Olddud
Explorer
Explorer
Never mind ----. (originally posted it all sunk down, but that would be far fetched, I guess)

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
We also have a class C with HWH levelers. Occasionally we'll get a little settling but it's not been a problem. She seems to settle more or less equally so it's level most of the time. If it is uneven after settling then definitely get it looked at a valve might be leaking. These are all hydraulic so no air. We ran low on fluid one time and she couldn't get quite level. Other than that the levelers been excellent.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Mine won't leak down in 6 months of storage. But yes, they will raise the front wheels off the ground. And no, I don't like that.
With my HWH system I must turn the ignition switch to accessory position, touch the HWH on button twice that will start the air dump, when the auto lever pumps start, I turn the system off, then back on with one touch of the on button. and run the jacks to the level I want in the manual mode.
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.