cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed a propane tank T need help

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
I just installed a t on my propane tank on the motorhome so i can hook up my grill and fire pit here is my problem
To go under the motorhome I need more then 12 feet and cant seem to find a hose thats over that with a 1 inch male and 1 inch female

Also my propane fire pit doesnt come with a regulator so i would need a longer hose with a regulator with the 1 inch connections
18 REPLIES 18

sundancer268
Explorer
Explorer
Where is this Propane Store? Do they have a WEB Site? Thanks, I need a long HP hose for our BBQ grill and 12' that came with my extend-a-stay won't cut it. I am thinking 30-50' HP hose, that way we could use it if the picnic table is at the rear of the coach, BBQ is a small table top unit and we have to use the tables where they are. Thanks, Ed
U. S. Navy (RETIRED) 1993
1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' Diesel Pusher Cummins B5.9 12 Valve Engine, Allison MD-3060 6 Speed Transmission.
TOAD: 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite
Road Master Sterling All-Terrain, Airforce One

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
HD has everything you need, 12' hose, adapter and reg/hose to BBQ.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
jarata1 wrote:
I just installed a t on my propane tank on the motorhome so i can hook up my grill and fire pit here is my problem
To go under the motorhome I need more then 12 feet and cant seem to find a hose thats over that with a 1 inch male and 1 inch female

Also my propane fire pit doesnt come with a regulator so i would need a longer hose with a regulator with the 1 inch connections

Go see Hank Hill or one of his colleagues at the propane store, they'll make you whatever kind of hose you need if they don't have it in stock already.

Is your T on the high pressure (tank side) or low pressure (appliance side) of the existing plumbing?

If you're T'd into the low pressure side, your fire pit won't need a regulator, just a needle valve to control the flow, same for the grill. If you're on the high pressure side, things are more interesting.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Buy the hoses and ends on eBay and put it together yourself.