Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kwikee Steps parts

gonzo71
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

It has been a while for me to post. My old lady finally is giving me a little problem.
My Kwikee Steps are not moving either in or out. I traced the problem to be the control unit.
I went to the dealer but they are having a hard time finding the right part.

I have a Series 25 Kwikee Step. The part number on the old control unit is 90950800, but my dealer can not find that part anywhere. I went to the Lippert website and that number comes up with nothing as well.

Does anybody know if the number changed or is the an upgrade kit I need to order?

Thanks for helping me out.
Carsten

2002 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 34SBD, W22 Workhorse, 8.1L Vortec
2017 F150 (Cliffird)

Click here to visit my RV Blog
15 REPLIES 15

gonzo71
Explorer
Explorer
Got it all figured out. The magnetic door switch was faulty.
Carsten

2017 F150 (Cliffird)

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
garry1p wrote:
I had the same problem motor worked from the battery and then found it was the 4 way connector corroded.

I could measure 11.5V out of the connector but corrosion would not allow enough current to pass.

So many will make this mistake while troubleshooting, with voltage present at no load and not realizing that it disappears and goes to 0 with the load applied and sometimes due to a bad ground return.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

garry1p
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem motor worked from the battery and then found it was the 4 way connector corroded.

I could measure 11.5V out of the connector but corrosion would not allow enough current to pass.
Garry1p

1990 Holiday Rambler Aluma Lite XL
454 on P-30 Chassis
1999 Jeep Cherokee sport

Archie_Kravitz
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon.com

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
gonzo71 wrote:
Artum Snowbird wrote:
There is a lot of combined Kwikee help on here. What makes you think it is the control unit?

In my case, the steps would not move. I put my meter onto the motor leads and saw the unmistakable pulse from the control unit, then because they were unable to move, the control unit would trip off internally to avoid an overload.

When I released the bolts slightly that were holding the unit tight to the frame, that gave a little more clearance and presto, it worked. I put some shims under the bolts and never had another problem with it.

I did a full trouble shooting thing unless I am missing something its the box. Also I can move the steps without a problem if I power the motor direct from a 12V battery

Sounds like you know what you're doing and most sure you checked for power going into the controller.
Try Amazon for this or a like control unit and where many get the drive gear and motor from.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

rwgeiser
Explorer
Explorer
Just Google the part number, several options.
Ron & Del
2003 Fleetwood, Storm 30H
P32 Chassis
Part-Timer, Retired

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not 100% on the spelling, Visone RV.. THey are in KY just north of Corbin, Do mail order and they are pehaps the nations's largest RV junkyard.

Odds are they have it Spent a bit over a Kilobuck there on my way hone this spring.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

gonzo71
Explorer
Explorer
dr3x wrote:
By no means am I an expert in the field but I was ready to replace mine, the controller until I stopped and took the time to follow the tests to the tee to check system as Kwikee has laid out online. Well to my surprise and relief it led me to a bad wire connection in the harness to the controller. The wire inside the harness was green and had corroded to the point of no connection. Cut off a short piece of the wire at both ends of the poor connection. Reattached and sealed connection and re wrapped and steps work great. Cost 20 cents and some time to test and trace. All I am saying is do the test as laid out on the Kwikee website and follow the results to the proper fix. Grounds and wire connections are so suspect on these motorhomes and components. Good luck happy hunting. Let us know what you find.

I have done that those test and that how I came up with the idea its the control box. But maybe your post motivates me to get my ass under there one more time to clean the contact etc.
Carsten

2017 F150 (Cliffird)

gonzo71
Explorer
Explorer
Artum Snowbird wrote:
There is a lot of combined Kwikee help on here. What makes you think it is the control unit?

In my case, the steps would not move. I put my meter onto the motor leads and saw the unmistakable pulse from the control unit, then because they were unable to move, the control unit would trip off internally to avoid an overload.

When I released the bolts slightly that were holding the unit tight to the frame, that gave a little more clearance and presto, it worked. I put some shims under the bolts and never had another problem with it.

I did a full trouble shooting thing unless I am missing something its the box. Also I can move the steps without a problem if I power the motor direct from a 12V battery
Carsten

2017 F150 (Cliffird)

gonzo71
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
What color is it?

Black
Carsten

2017 F150 (Cliffird)

dr3x
Explorer
Explorer
By no means am I an expert in the field but I was ready to replace mine, the controller until I stopped and took the time to follow the tests to the tee to check system as Kwikee has laid out online. Well to my surprise and relief it led me to a bad wire connection in the harness to the controller. The wire inside the harness was green and had corroded to the point of no connection. Cut off a short piece of the wire at both ends of the poor connection. Reattached and sealed connection and re wrapped and steps work great. Cost 20 cents and some time to test and trace. All I am saying is do the test as laid out on the Kwikee website and follow the results to the proper fix. Grounds and wire connections are so suspect on these motorhomes and components. Good luck happy hunting. Let us know what you find.
Mel Parks
Killbuck,Oh

Artum_Snowbird
Explorer
Explorer

Mike
2012 Winnebago Impulse Silver 26QP
2005 16.6 Double Eagle
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK
previously Snowbird Campers,
Triple E Motorhome and Fifth Wheel

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
IF it is a motor/gearhead you are looking for, many have been replaced with a Dorman power window motor. Check the net for Kwikee Step motor repair. Plenty of info in past, much less expensive than the Kwikee parts.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
for sale on ebay $139.99 free shipping just ad one more zero on the end.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311.R7.TR11.TRC1.A0.H1.Xkwikee.TRS0&_nkw=kwikee+step+controller&_sacat=0