cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ligth fixtures and bath door knobs

big_cuda
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to update our MH by changing the gold fixtures to satin nickel.
I am having a hard time finding what I want. Does anyone know where to buy updated fixtures that are 12 volt . Or if I can take a regular fixture and make it work with 12 volt system ?
I am also looking for catches and latches, privacy door knobs etc.
4 REPLIES 4

capndan77
Explorer
Explorer
ITC-RV is a company that makes a variety of interior 12 volt lights. You can go to their website for listing but they also have a clearance site on EBay with brushed nickel lamps in that selection that are very reasonable. $12-18 each.

Linda_B
Explorer
Explorer
We went through this on our 2001 Journey DL in 2008. Got light fixtures from Camping World & PPL Motorhomes that fit exactly like our old ones. Just this spring we changed out the old bulbs to LED's. We also changed out 60+ exposed hinges (lucked out and found the exact ones at a discount cabinet shop so no re-drilling holes), many drawer pulls, a door handle & towel bars, etc. (Lowes), a bathroom faucet (ordered online), the shower enclosure (local shop for a good price). We ordered the recessed TP holder and a specialty towel rack for the bathroom door through Winnebago. There were some recessed drawer pulls that were really hard to find. Found them at The Knob Gallery online after many hours of google searches. And yes, we resorted to some satin nickel spray paint and even some satin nickel contact paper for a couple of minor things. We are not typically do-it-yourselfers, but managed the light fixtures and hardware ourselves. We also had a local RV shop change out the TV's and completely re-do the exterior. Just this spring, they replaced our carpet with vinyl tiles. We keep things a long time so it has been worth the money & effort. Good luck!

big_cuda
Explorer
Explorer
thank you ,
good advice, I shall try this. We changed the bath faucet today it looks great, better than I had expected. I did go back and forth. Should we spent the money, it sure adds up . And everything is already in good shape, seems frivolous to replace it. Oh well I've started now, so there is no going back.
The MH is our first, we have had it 3 weeks its a 97 American eagle.
The cabinet pulls are a pain. The originals have a 3 1/8" spread the closest I have found is 3" so we are drilling the holes out to compensate, Tried one today seemed to work. only 50 more to go.
Yea!!!

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Converting New 115 Volt fixtures to 12 Volt DC is easy.as long as the New Fixtures are of a similar Size . just use the Sockets from Your Old Brass Fixtures to replace the Ones provided in the New Fixtures. while You are at it You might consider using LED 's !

Door Pulls ,Hinges and Recessed Hanles should also not be a problem ,as most of these items are available off the shelf at Home Depot or Lowes!

For those odd ball items that aren't easily located there are spray paints that can do a pretty good job of covering Old with New!

Although We are not quite ready to make the change ,I have been looking at doing the same thing. In Our Coach. I already converted all the incandescent bulbs over to LED 's but haven't changed out the. Brass for Nickel just yet.
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD