cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Motorhome insurance

cruiser51
Explorer
Explorer
I am looking for insurance on my new to me MH. I checked The Harford through AARP and I am finding them to be about half of all the others. I check progressive, Good Sam, etc. Does anyone use AARP for insurance and how is it? Seems to good to be true. This is strictly for mh only registered in wi.
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Snomas
Explorer
Explorer
We have Allied Ins and it cost 775/Yr and 2 yrs ago they paid 28K in hail damage repairs.
2006 WINNEBAGO ASPECT 29H Ford E450 Super Duty
2018 F150 Lariat Crew Cab, Coyote 5.0 L RWD

LVJ58
Explorer
Explorer
We've had our coach insured with Foremost Ins. Co. now for 20 years and during that time have filed several claims which have been handled expeditiously with no hassle. Current annual premium for full coverage & $250 deductible is $922.

Based on my experience with Foremost I highly recommend them.

Good luck with your choice & Safe Travels....
Jim & Sherry Seward
Las Vegas, NV
2000 Residency 3790 V-10 w/tags & Banks System
2003 Suzuki XL/7 toad

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
AARP..........Apparently the cheapest. I have it also.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

topflite51
Explorer
Explorer
I have AARP also, when I first went with them over 12 years ago, they were less than 1/2 of State Farm. Every couple of years I check other companies, they are still beating their competition by a significant amount.
:CDavid
Just rolling along enjoying life
w/F53 Southwind towing a 87 Samurai or 01 Grand Vitara looking to fish
Simply Despicable ๐Ÿ˜›
Any errors are a result of CRS.:s

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
I have had AARP for 3 years, I saved more then half of what I was paying at Progressive. I had a hit and run in a Race Track parking lot, they paid the $12000 in damage with no problem. Even paid for shop to spend 3 hrs with factory rep with one there guys to get a perfect paint match.
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
jorbill2or wrote:
I have the Hartford AARP plan . I am not full time ( yet) and the rates are very low ! I have my home and cars also insured with them . I check every couple years and the rates can't be beat in my case, at least not yet
They also include free RV towing with the motor home policy but I still use good Sam towing which I have used and like so I double protect myself I have filed one car claim some time ago and had no problems. Qiuick no question service. I've never used it for the MH

x2
i too have hartford aarp and would have said what has already been said.

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have the Hartford AARP plan . I am not full time ( yet) and the rates are very low ! I have my home and cars also insured with them . I check every couple years and the rates can't be beat in my case, at least not yet
They also include free RV towing with the motor home policy but I still use good Sam towing which I have used and like so I double protect myself I have filed one car claim some time ago and had no problems. Qiuick no question service. I've never used it for the MH
Bill

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
The true test is when you have a claim - Progressive for me they settled on the spot when I had somebody hit the rear of mine
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Very hard to compare costs others have because RVs are different, driving record may be different, age difference, coverage difference. However, I am going to check out Hartford because I have heard they are cheaper from several people.

Years ago I got suckered into changing insurance. Allstate quoted me a very low price. The next bill was higher then my previous State Farm insurace. This was back in 1961. At that time Allstate was foregoing a commission on new customers to get them in. I am always leary about those things.