cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My worst trip so far

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled out 2 windows Saturday that started showing signs of moisture. Tomorrow I make the trip to Sunstate Designers to leave the windows for repair. I have heard good things about their work and feel lucky that I have a place to get windows repaired within driving distance. 3 hours one way but at least I don't have to camp in their parking lot
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows
5 REPLIES 5

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
chuckftboy wrote:
Pulled out 2 windows Saturday that started showing signs of moisture. Tomorrow I make the trip to Sunstate Designers to leave the windows for repair. I have heard good things about their work and feel lucky that I have a place to get windows repaired within driving distance. 3 hours one way but at least I don't have to camp in their parking lot

a lot it is but with 50amp hookup. we had Suncoast Designers repair 7-windows in our 2000 Suncruiser and couldn't be happier.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Vet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
There parking lot is paved and has power sites, and water,with a dump station. I went there with another couple and we were done 2 days before them they have no problem with us staying over until they were ready. There is a nice lawn with a grill and a Gazebo. No charge for the campsite, they come out to you early in the morning close the hole off take window away to fix, will even give you a tour. Camping in there parking lot with hook-up did not have a down side for us
2008 Itasca Sunrise 35A
2008 Honda CRV Toad
2016 Chev ZR1 Colorado Toad

"We Traveled To Alot Of Different Places While On Vacation, Until The wife Asked Directions"

accsys
Explorer
Explorer
Romer1 wrote:
chuckftboy wrote:

Do you mean Suncoast in Hudson?

Why not just drive there and let them do it all?

Yep, that's what we did on the way back from Lake Louisa SP last year. 50 amps and water with a dump station. They did it all and you are charged per window so I don't believe it will be any cheaper doing the removal and install yourself. You would save the gas for the coach.
John & Doris
Doris and Robbies Blogs
2017 Cedar Creek Cottage 40 CCK
FMCA F380583, PA, Good Sams

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
chuckftboy wrote:

Do you mean Suncoast in Hudson?

Why not just drive there and let them do it all?
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD

dave17352
Explorer
Explorer
doesn't sound like that bad of a trip
NOW 2017 Leprechaun 260ds
2005 Forrest River Cardinal 29rkle FW
1998 Lance 980 11'3" TC
2017 CHEVY 3500 SRW 6.0
B@W turnover ball @ companion Hitch
Honda eu3000 generator mounted on cargo rack
Crestliner 1850 Fish Ski boat mostly fishing now!