cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New class a Maybe

jnaugle775
Explorer
Explorer
So I got a call from the local rv dealer about a jayco precept 29um I was looking at in August. He wanted to know if he tighten the deal could we do business? So I want some Opions. Currently I have a 2011 four winds 31g bunkhouse with 28k miles. Everything is in very nice shape except I had some off leaks that needed to be caulked all fixed up now. It suit the family pretty well but does not have all the goodies the jayco offers. The dealer offered me 94500 to trade on the precept at 127k. So with my payoff and everything taken care of total bill is 95k. Is this a reasonable offer or am I gonna regret this for a long time
Thanks in advance
Jamie Naugle
2015 Jayco Precept 29um
Ford V10
2014 silverado crew cab
Blue ox Aventa lx tow bar
Rvi wireless brake system
18 REPLIES 18

outofplace
Explorer
Explorer
From what has been posted it sounds like the asking price is 127k on the new one.Someone stated they usually will knock 20-30% off that price which would put you at 90k+ BEFORE YOUR TRADE IN OR ANY MONEY DOWN, so it sounds as if they are giving you 60k for your 2011.If your happy with 60k for your 2011 then sounds like its probably a decent deal
Paul
2016 Outlaw 38RE

jnaugle775
Explorer
Explorer
I have it in writing 95 includes taxes tags everything ready to go even moving a few things from my coach to the new one. I owe sixty on mine and they are trading it for 95k so selling price on new one is 35k plus the 60k I owe for a total of 95k make sense?
Jamie Naugle
2015 Jayco Precept 29um
Ford V10
2014 silverado crew cab
Blue ox Aventa lx tow bar
Rvi wireless brake system

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Current thinking is on a clean deal you should get about 30% off.
So assuming 127k is a legitimate MSRP (and the MSRP on a rig can vary from dealer to dealer even on identical units) then you should be at about 90,000 without a trade.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

msturtz
Explorer
Explorer
To determine the deal you are getting you need to get the amount you are getting for your trade. Next you need an "out the door" price including tax license and registration, extended warranty (if you want one) paint and or fabric protection for the new unit. Again it must be in writing. Do not accept any verbal promises. The dealer I purchased my new motorhome attempted to change the terms of the deal 3 times AFTER I had negotiated the deal and we had an agreement. Only because I had the paper trail in writing they honored the agreed price.

I would quote out the Precept at RV Direct and MHSRV to get an idea of a "no trade" cost of that unit.

Finally, I will never purchase another Jayco product after my experience with them.
FMCA member