cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No keys

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Went to Camping World, St. Augustine today to buy a new Overdrive 7 GPS. The store had what I wanted but it was locked in a cage with all the other electronics, plus some of the other high priced items.

Couldn't buy it because no one knew where the keys were. I guess their Memorial Day sales may be a bit lacking. LoL!
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows
11 REPLIES 11

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm married. My wife tells me where to go. :E.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Yah Groover, GPS's are slowly going away but the OverDryve 7 is a GPS enabled tablet with wifi for emails, and internet plus instant weather forecast using a hot spot. Has a forward camera that can record while driving and a wireless rear cameras. Its also Bluetooth for phone and text. It can also broadcast through the stereo speakers using a FM channel for music and phone. Has a built in microphone for hands free operation.

I like toys.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

RVER
Explorer
Explorer
I have the GARMIN RV 760 and do love it. It does tell me about traffic and if there is an alternative route, it has lots of apps, I use it all the time. I update each time they have an update.
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire Vortec engine 35ft
2002 Sunnybrook 34BWTS On site at campground as a seasonal
Chevy Silverado 2500HD with Duramax engine and Allison transmission
Pullrite Superglide Hitch, Prodigy brake controller
S and S Co-Travelers

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
TNGW1500SE wrote:
Same thing happened to me at Walmart when wanting a TV. After finally finding an employee, they couldn't find anyone with keys. I left and went to K-Mart. Got a better TV for less money. Now, Amazon gets about all my purchases. They ship it to the RV in two days.

Aren't GPS units dying? I can do more with my phone or a tablet. That GPS doesn't know about the traffic jam ahead like my phone does. I just use Waze. It's free too!

This brings up a question that I have been wanting to ask about. Has anyone tried this app: CoPilot RV GPS Navigation App?

I see that it has an initial purchase fee which is not out of line and may charge for real time traffic after the first year but other than that sounds pretty good.

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Generic I got at eBay for $50. Has a bus setting and it's been very reliable telling me where to go...as regards roads a big bus can take.

Not sure if you're a Camping World member but the good prices they usually advertise are only for members so keep that in mind. I didn't ever buy enough for their membership to be economical so only had it for one year. The 4X per month ad fliers from them via snail mail were not appreciated either.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
Same thing happened to me at Walmart when wanting a TV. After finally finding an employee, they couldn't find anyone with keys. I left and went to K-Mart. Got a better TV for less money. Now, Amazon gets about all my purchases. They ship it to the RV in two days.

Aren't GPS units dying? I can do more with my phone or a tablet. That GPS doesn't know about the traffic jam ahead like my phone does. I just use Waze. It's free too!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think Bumpy has it.
Good chance to look for either
Same product lower price
Or Different (Better) product same price.

most Truck Stops have GPS units designed for Truckers, that will tell you about roads to avoid. IE: the one in Battle Creei with teh 11' Bridge. Could be hard on your RV.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
the bad news, they couldn't find the keys.
the good news, they couldn't find the keys.
bumpy

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
That will give you a chance to Google what your looking for and buy it for less form a store with service.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Probably for the best it is not even a RV GPS and has awful ratings
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh boy! Store management needs retraining.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad