cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pioneer in-dash DVD player not a recognized source

Wufpak204
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a used 2015 Itasca 35F with a Pioneer in-dash receiver/DVD player model AVH-X3600BHS. The previous owners played DVD movies to the lounge TV through it. When I insert the DVD into the player I can hear the sound but the DVD player isn't recognized as a source (input) so I cannot get a picture on the lounge TV. (The only highlighted option on the lounge TV is "TV" - all of the others are greyed out). Is there an output setting on the DVD player/receiver that needs to be selected to allow the Insignia lounge TV to recognize it as a source?
5 REPLIES 5

Wufpak204
Explorer
Explorer
The lounge TV works great with the Direct TV receiver. The TV recognized the source as "component".

Wufpak204
Explorer
Explorer
I cannot get to the back of the TV. It is on a plate that is screwed to the back of the TV and to the cabinet. I'm not sure how you would get it off. I don't know what the wiring is from the receiver since it (the combination receiver/ DVD player) is mounted in das). No, I do not have a controller box near the TV or in the front over head cabinets. All that I have in the front overhead driver's side cabinet are the component video/ composite audio that goes to the TV for the Direct TV receiver and the satellite coax from the satellite antenna. If there is a setting on the receiver that makes it a recognizable source on the TV I'd like to know! Thanks.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are they using HDMI, RCA, or what to connect the DVD player to the TV? What connectors do you see on the back of the set. Also, can you hook the dvd player up to another TV to test?
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

MrWizard
do you have the "box of many buttons" aka the 'BOMB' in a cabinet near the TV
there may be only one cable going to the TV and you have to select which video signal to watch, sounds like the sound is going straight thru to the audio system

what is the model# of the TV
do you have the manual
have you looked online for the manual
should have and input method choice
which might be locked out under parental controls

did you try turning on the TV first
before tuning on the pioneer and inserting the DVD
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
How are they getting the signal from the player to the TV (look on back of TV). If it's coming in via the antenna wire, you may need to turn the antenna amp on to get the signal to the TV. If it's coming in via the RGB (three video wires + 2 audio) there might be a setting on the player. Google the model # for a manual.