cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rebadging from Dodge to Mercedes Sprinter

dmichaelwells
Explorer
Explorer
I have successfully rebadged my 2010 Pleasure Way Ascent (2008 Sprinter originally badged as a Dodge) to Mercedes. If anyone wants to know the details, I am willing to send them a detailed description to their private email address. (Or I can give the excruciating details on the public post).
17 REPLIES 17

Admin
I think it is in the best interests of all to close this thread and this looks like a good time to do it.

Admin
RV.net
Admin
RV.net

dmichaelwells
Explorer
Explorer
I have to say that I am surprised and chagrined at the responses to my post about rebadging my Sprinter. I was merely offering information about how to do it. Nearly all of the responses have been jokes, criticisms and sarcasm. I didn't give details about the process because I didn't want to waste the time of those who weren't interested. I would have ignored this but the last post requires my response. I am not trying to hide or misrepresent anything. ALL Sprinters were manufactured by Mercedes (mine was built in Dusseldorf). Some were badged as Dodges merely to avoid an import tax during the last decade. They were shipped to the USA in pieces (a "complete knock down kit") and assembled, in my case, in South Carolina. There was NOTHING on my Sprinter that was made by Dodge other than the badging and grille. It now looks like what it is: a Mercedes. Finally, as to my title, it is titled as a Pleasure Way not as a Dodge. I hope that the tenor of the responses to my post don't reflect the general tone of responses. If they are, I won't be spending much time on this forum.

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
Tough crowd!
It's not a fake, some came with Dodge emblems. some with Freightliner, and some with MB, all the same Van.
To the OP, dont let the negative posts rain on your parade, if it makes you happy go for it. Some people here just have to put others down if they don't agree with them. One of the reasons people don't post as much as they use to ๐Ÿ˜ž

Welcome to the forum, and there are a lot nice, helpful people here.

401nailhead
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I don't want to feel like I am piling on, so I will add something positive below, but first, have to say I am big into buy-American, and am immensely proud of my current 5 MOPAR vehicles (1968 to 2010) and 4 previous MOPAR vehicles, mileage ranging from 6000 miles through 140,000 miles, all the way up to 240,000 miles and that one still running when traded in. So I would love a Dodge Sprinter or Ducato (er, I mean, Promaster). I have a Chevy B just by chance opportunity.

But from being on car discussion websites, I know a lot of people are into tribute cars, upbadging, fantasy cars, etc., etc. To each his own, I have some strong feelings on it because I love stock vehicles myself, whether they be 4 door 6 cylinder Dodge Darts, or Hemi 'Cudas.

Customizing, detailing, and badging is of great interest to some, and most all of us care about the appearance of our vehicles. So that being said, it is all about "to each his own" and I respect that it does make a valid project to rebadge for those who have the interest, even though it is not for me. The Mercedes and Freightliner heritage of the Sprinter is an interesting automotive/truck world story. So hopefully, the post will help others who may have a similar desire to re-badge. The Dodge/MB relationship was a strange occurrence in history, and the potential to re-badge Sprinters is a unique byproduct of that. Will be interesting to see the final vote count, but an interesting post and thread, I salute the conversation!

Oldme
Explorer
Explorer
What is the motivation to own/make a fake?

So much of the world is fake today.

The title will still be a Dodge, so at time of sale you will fool no one.

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
You know, he could be onto something. It worked for GM years ago when the rebadged a lowly Chevy Cavilear and called it a Cadillac Cimmaron, and people actually bought them.

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
" Pardon me but do you have any Grey Poupon ? "

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
jfkmk wrote:
bobojay5 wrote:
DownTheAvenue wrote:
Of all the things there are to spend money on, this would be at the bottom of my list.

Exactly!

Forget the bottom of the list, it wouldn't even make my list!

Yeah I'm not sure what the motivation is but it sounds iffy.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

wincrasher65
Explorer
Explorer
Neverhappy wrote:
The Dodge name made the sprinter more collectable and unique imho
I think we would all be curious to read about the transformation...a bit like Bruce Jenner's

But not nearly as devastating. I don't remember a Sprinter on my Wheaties box when I was a kid.
2016 Winnebago Travato 59K, 2017 Allegro 32SA
Follow my blog: www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Our Facebook group is: Class B Camper Vans

BudJ
Explorer
Explorer
dmichaelwells wrote:
I have successfully rebadged my 2010 Pleasure Way Ascent (2008 Sprinter originally badged as a Dodge) to Mercedes. If anyone wants to know the details, I am willing to send them a detailed description to their private email address. (Or I can give the excruciating details on the public post).

Did that also come with a Tattoo?

Bud

jfkmk
Explorer
Explorer
bobojay5 wrote:
DownTheAvenue wrote:
Of all the things there are to spend money on, this would be at the bottom of my list.

Exactly!

Forget the bottom of the list, it wouldn't even make my list!

dbbls
Explorer
Explorer
bobojay5 wrote:
DownTheAvenue wrote:

Exactly!
X3. Did you get a new title too? If not, it is still a Dodge.
2011 F-350 CC Lariat 4X4 Dually Diesel
2012 Big Country 3450TS 5th Wheel

bobojay5
Explorer
Explorer
DownTheAvenue wrote:

Exactly!
Bob & Sharon
Eastern Kansas
2013 Winnebago ERA 70A
Class B Van

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
Rebadging was more popular with the T1N Sprinters. Back in the mid-2000s kits were going for about $300 and could be done DIY if you wanted to save money. My 2005 Pleasure-way was Freightliner badged and I actually preferred that grill over both Dodge and Mercedes.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B