cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replace gen on Lexur Pleasureway

gypsyhounds
Explorer
Explorer
2006 Lexur Pleasureway . I asked Phil if I could switch the Onan to a quieter one.
He thought the configuration would not match up/fit. But not 100% sure.
Has anyone done this on same model?
9 REPLIES 9

gypsyhounds
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. Sadly I will just deal with it and eventually get the part to quiet it.

Handbasket
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, to emphasize gerry's statement, the quiet inverter generators are for portable use, not for installed use, either under-van or in a compartment. All you could do is put one on an outside cargo rack, where you'd have to go outside to fuel it about every 8-10 hours, shield it from road dirt and weather, and worry about theft.

And yes, both PW & RT use the same model of Onan, and the recent redesign has created some issues, or worse, with replacing old with new.

Jim, "The cardiologist's diet? If it tastes good, spit it out!"
'06 Tiger CX 'C Minus' on a Silverado 2500HD 4x4, 8.1 & Allison (aka 'Loafer's Glory')

gerrym51
Explorer II
Explorer II
gypsyhounds wrote:
No, to resonator, but I have looked at it here and other sites with consideration.
I was in a park once and heard either a Yamaha or a Honda and it was so quiet and purr like I immediately wanted to switch.
I guess I am out of luck. Oh, Phil was not 100% so that is why I posted here to see if anyone had done it. There are a few good DIY guys here sometimes.

honda's and Yamaha inverter generators are much quieter-no question-they do not make an undervan model

gypsyhounds
Explorer
Explorer
No, to resonator, but I have looked at it here and other sites with consideration.
I was in a park once and heard either a Yamaha or a Honda and it was so quiet and purr like I immediately wanted to switch.
I guess I am out of luck. Oh, Phil was not 100% so that is why I posted here to see if anyone had done it. There are a few good DIY guys here sometimes.

Arizona_Kid
Explorer
Explorer
Doesn't really matter, your PW is probably the same set up as the Rt.
If you read the post you will see the new one is bigger, and wiring on the other side.
I doubt the new Onan is much quieter than the old one, and Onan is your only choice for a mounted gen-set.
Have you tried having an Onan resonator added to the exhaust?
Lots of info in the archives here about the resonator, and other ways to quiet the 2800.
There are "Search" tutorials in " Forum Tech Support"

gerrym51
Explorer II
Explorer II
Onan is onan. your pleasure way used the onan 2800 in 2006.

it will have to be replaced with the onan 2800 made today.

if pleasure way can't tell you how can we.

if Phil does not think it will fit it probably won't.

gypsyhounds
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Az kid. But that posting doesn't quite answer my question. My rig is a pleasure way not road trek.

Arizona_Kid
Explorer
Explorer
There's a post about the new gen-set on the first page.

gerrym51
Explorer II
Explorer II
gypsyhounds wrote:
2006 Lexur Pleasureway . I asked Phil if I could switch the Onan to a quieter one.
He thought the configuration would not match up/fit. But not 100% sure.
Has anyone done this on same model?

when you say switch-switch to what?. the new onan that came out in Jan 2013 is only slightly quieter if at all

read this post-linky