cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Resolution check engine light ISC350 Revolution Scangauge

John___Angela
Explorer
Explorer
I wanted to make a separate post so the search engine might pick it up easier for the next guy. Hence all the keywords in the title. Here is the original post.

Here is the original post.

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28006537.cfm

Here is the fix which is also posted on the original fix.

Below is the resolution but it is also repeated in a later post.

OK. In keeping with my promise to post the resolution, here goes. We quite honestly have been busy with other things so I haven't had a chance to look at this problem. But we are on the road trip again in a few weeks so I thought I would give it a shot before taking it to Cummins.

So a little history. My seargent major told me a long time ago to always record the readings meters and indicators on equipment when things are running well. That way when things are not running well you can see whats changes. You won't remember or recognize subtle changes when things deteriorate. To that end, 11 years ago when we bought the coach I took a permanent marker and marked ALL the gauges on the dash as well as took key point specific readings of various values and marked various areas with a label maker for what are normal values in specific operating conditions. So, when the alternator voltage started to slowly drop over the last year I wondered what was happening. On the last trip the voltage was down around 12.9 on the meter although STILL READING OKAY DIRECTLY ON THE BATTERIES. Probably because of the solar array. Who knows. Anyway. Today I got under the bed and went straight for the alternator connections. One of the connections (found out it was the positive when the sparks flew after grounding the wrench) was corroded. It was tight but I mentioned to loosen and clean it somewhat and re-tighten it. (It still needs a better cleaning) Fired it up, noticed the voltage on the meter back to where it is marked from 11 years ago, tried to clear the code with the scan gauge AND THIS TIME THE CODE CLEARED AND THE LIGHT WENT OUT. I'm not happy with the posts on the alternator and it need to be completely removed cleaned and put back in but this should hopefully solve the problem in the meantime. I'm recovering from an injury and didn't want to spread myself out on the engine any more than I had to.

Hope this helps the next guy.

Cheers.
2003 Revolution 40C Class A. Electric smart car as a Toad on a smart car trailer
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away.
0 REPLIES 0