cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shocks

Moparbiker
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone put Konica FSD shocks on their rig? I spoke with the owner of an American Eagle who said it's the best thing he did to improve ride, handling and reduce front end bounce. Curious if anyone else had the same results.
Mark
28 REPLIES 28

peaches_cream
Explorer
Explorer
You do realize you can buy 3 sets of Monroe's or 2 sets of Blisten's for what 1 set of Koni's cost. Use your own judgement.

Daveinet
Explorer
Explorer
dons2346 wrote:
Depends on the coach. I put them on my Country Coach Intrigue and they were fine for 20-25000 miles. Then they weren't any better than the ones I took off.
X2 They wore out on my rig after about that many miles as well. Can't get any reasonable response from Koni on their "life time" warranty. FSD was a great idea, just too bad they don't last or have any kind of warranty.
IRV2

purplekeenah
Explorer
Explorer
I put the Koni FSD's on my Spartan Mountain Master Chassis with a straight front axle in April 2012. Very pleased with the controlled ride and the difference in hitting the highway joints and bridge transitions without jarring your teeth.
2015 Newmar Dutchstar 4369
2013 Chevy Equinox

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Moparbiker wrote:
Anyone put Konica FSD shocks on their rig?.
Think they will be easier to find if you look for Koni FSD shocks. Konica makes cameras.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

PF_PM
Explorer
Explorer
Put them on ours.. made a huge difference for the better..
2005 Newmar 34' Kountry Star, 8.1L W22, Blue Ox 10K, Honda Pilot, Bijon Shitzu (Sassy) dash dog. Nine Provinces, Two Territories, 47 States, Northern Mexico... so far..

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I took off the Bilsteins on my Monaco gasser and installed Koni FSD shocks.
The Bilsteins are nitrogen charged so they offer resistance to even the slightest road joint, which is then transferred up through the steering wheel. The Koni FSD shocks are NOT gas charged and absorb the road joint impacts offering a smoother ride.
On large bumps, I did not notice any difference between the Bilsteins or the Koni shocks.
Occasionaly I read a post on this board where someone says that their Koni shocks worked well for XXX miles, and then they changed them. As a point of information....Koni shocks have a LIFETIME warranty to the original purchaser so if one or all of your Koni shocks fail, you get new replacements at no cost. The Bilstein shocks also come with a lifetime warranty.

Moparbiker
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 Kountry Star, 40 ft.
Mark

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
They seem to be a good improvement on DP's and the Bilsteins seem to be better on the gassers (info from reading posts of DP's and gassers over several years). I put them on my coach and love them. They seem well suited to 8 airbag Monaco's.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
I put 4 on my GMC 2500HD & Very Satisfied!!!!!!

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Koni FSD"s? Yes I love them.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on the coach. I put them on my Country Coach Intrigue and they were fine for 20-25000 miles. Then they weren't any better than the ones I took off.

I now have the Road Kings and am a happy camper.

Explorer
Explorer
What MH do you have------results may vary depending on MH model.

However, they made a huge improvement in handling and harshness reduction on my MH.
Mark

2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U on a Ford chassis, 80,000 miles
2003 Ford Explorer toad with Ready Brake supplemental brakes,
Ready Brute tow bar, and Demco base plate.

Yaj
Explorer
Explorer
I put them on a little over a year ago. I'm very happy with them!

hottubkid
Explorer
Explorer
I have them on mine and love them
hottubkid60193@yahoo.com
2004 SOUTHWIND 36E Tow 2003 CRV