cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SiriusXM

Bednarski1
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a 2014 3010 Sunseeker and on the bottom of the radio it says SiriusXM and in the booklet it says one of the icons on the radio is SiriusXM. On mine it's not listed. So I'm assuming I cannot get Sirius. Any help and advice would be appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like this radio is not eligible for a free trial, BUT they offer a two month free trial for it anyway.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
My 2014 Sunseeker came with it activated. We didn't have to do anything special. We started using the MH the day after we purchased it less than 3 weeks ago and are still on that trip. A couple of days ago our free trial ended. I suppose I should see if we didn't get the full trial.

EDIT: Bad info. I just got off the phone with SiriusXM. They had a free trial for everyone for 3 weeks that just ended. That's what we were listening to. I'm going to go to the SiriusXM.com site and see if my radio ESN is eligible for any free trial. I will report the answer here. My dealer didn't know.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

short_kid
Explorer
Explorer
On my 2014 Jayco I had to install a receiver and antenna before I could get programming. If it Sirius ready, you should get one channel that previews your programming available. If you do get it follow the OP to haggle price. My radio is a Clarion and the manual tells you how to do it and the number of the receiver needed. The extra wires from the radio that I got with the motor home have to be plugged into the radio. I did the work myself and just laid the antenna on the dash, seems to work well.

Macktee
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the chassis makers have 6mo or 1 year free trial. I would check with the dealer that sold it to you. Macktee
04 Monaco Dynasty Diamond 1V ( Homer II)
2012 Ram 1500 4X4 Quad Cab towed
2013 Cargo Mate 28ft enclosed car hauler
2013 Hyundai Elantra GT
2010 Club Car Golf Car

trnfla
Explorer
Explorer
Select the satellite on the radio, if it ready for activation you will receive one channel that keeps repeating on how to activate your unit.

If it is ready, take my advise when you call, after hearing their offer, tell them you will think about it and call them back. Do this a couple of times to get their best offer for a years service, should be half of what they first quoted.
Now 2004 Winnie Minnie 31C
Had 2007 Zeppelin 190 Hybrid,
1999 30' Dutchman Classic FW

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unless the satellite tuner has been installed, all it means is that the radio is satellite ready. That implies that the radio has a function that will control the additional satellite tuner.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
This will answer your questions and guide you step by step through activation...

LINK
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
button on the side of the radio might be label "satellite" not knowing your unit for sure though. Seems you should be able to because the unit it's self is labeled Sirius/XM. You'll need the model and ser# of the unit though to activate it.

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
Did not fully understand post. However, you will need to have the SiruisXM service turned on by contacting them and providing the electronic serial number.