cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sticky tape residue and macerator for 2004 Roadtrek

Roadtrekker2
Explorer
Explorer
Hello - I had to duct tape the rubber strip on my B and just had it fixed. They couldn't get all the residue off. Any suggestions? Also has any one had luck in installing a macerator on a 2004 Roadtrek? As a widow, I can't get down on my knee replacements to empty the tanks and put the hose back in. 😞

Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
Ray & June wrote:
"goo-gone". Works an almost every tape we've used. Sometimes you have to keep rubbing for a while, but it will clean it.

Have used Goof-Off. I found the adhesive was easier to remove by rolling a cloth over it / blotting rather than rubbing the softened adhesive.

Good luck with the macerator issue.
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

Roadtrekker2
Explorer
Explorer
Dear candlback - Thanks for your help on the macerator. Would it be possible to take a couple of pictures of the system? Can you share how much it cost? I know I can't empty the tanks alone (my husband died nearly 2 years ago) because of my knee replacements and I will have to sell the RT if I can't figure out how to do that. Thank you so much.

candlback
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2002 Roadtrek and took it to an RV repair place and they were able to install plumbing and a macerator. I did modify it later, but it works good so far. My macerator is located in the long bin on the left side so it is available for jams/repair and has a hose that will extend out to the dump site. I found it much preferable to the original hose and much cleaner. I also made a hook so I can reach in under for the valve rods. (both hips have been replaced)
Candlback

Metaphor_7182
Explorer
Explorer
I had the a similar issue with my "new" 1997 D190V, got the same three recommendations noted above when I asked last year. 🙂

Found Simple Green All-Purpose Cleaner worked the best, just remember to wipe off the cleaner with a damp cloth.

No recommendations on the macerator.

Ray___June
Explorer
Explorer
"goo-gone". Works an almost every tape we've used. Sometimes you have to keep rubbing for a while, but it will clean it.
Sold the house, retired, and full timing. 15 years of dreams come true!

2015 Itasca 33C, Black Garnet
2013 Honda CRV EXL toad
Roadmaster Sterling all terrain tow bar
Roadmaster Tow Shield
Roadmaster Guardian
SMI "Stay-in-Play" Brake system
ISL "Toad Charge"

jules6
Explorer
Explorer
I use WD40 to remove tape and label glue

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ronsonol lighter fluid, aka naphtha.

Google: remove sticky residue
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

gerrym51
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sure you could get it installed by someone-maybe camping world.