cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toasted Iota ITS-30RLTransfer Switch

dufferdj
Explorer
Explorer
While trying to figure out why I could not get the generator or shore power to operate the microwave or the electrical outlets I heard some sparking underneath the bed of our 2010 Jayco Melbourne. When I removed the lid off of the Iota ITS-30RL Transfer Switch I found several wires were completely fried and that at least 1 wire was arcing. I found out that Jayco had issued a recall on some Melbourne motorhomes due to an electrical connection at the buss bar of some Iota transfer switches. I found some info regarding the Iota ITS-50 being recalled but nothing specific about the 30RL. Has anyone dealt with Jayco or any other RV with this issue? If so what was the outcome?
Thanks for any info....
5 REPLIES 5

dufferdj
Explorer
Explorer
Called Jayco this morning and found out that my transfer switch was not in the recall list. The transfer switch made by Iota has been discontinued. Ordered a new switch and have located a local electrician that will install it in the near future. That should take care of the electrical problems --- just scary to think that we were sleeping on top of a potential fire. Thanks to all who replied with helpful info.

mikebo
Explorer
Explorer
Mine burnt up two years ago in 2010 Melbourne. It was 2 months out of warranty but Jayco sent me a new switch, The replacement wasn't an iota.
Mike

2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2010 CRV toad

GrumpyandGrandm
Explorer
Explorer
edatlanta wrote:
IOTA is no longer making transfer switches after the recall on the 50 amp. I would get that sucker out of there even if it hadn't had a problem.

30 amp were also part of the recall.
Grandma in front of her retirement home..
She lets Grumpy drive!!

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
IOTA is no longer making transfer switches after the recall on the 50 amp. I would get that sucker out of there even if it hadn't had a problem.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

ronfisherman
Some of the recalls had to do with loose wire connections. Many of the 50 amp problems had to do with wires not large enough to carry 50 amps.
Check with Best Converts for a good replacement Transfer Switch if Jayco will not help.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD