cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I put fuel stable in the gas tank and ran for five minutes like the instructions stated. It had been sitting for two months. Was it too late to do this? 😮

yizit
Explorer
Explorer
We just returned from a 3 week trip to Florida and in the last few days, we re-winterized :(, drove 13+ hours straight to avoid big snow storm, came back to -15 degree weather, froze our hands getting everything out of Roada (our 2004 RT 190P), and now sit in our "big to us" house wishing we were in "cold" Florida....:? What were we thinking!!!!!!!
Jim & Darlene
Pickles our Teddy Bear
2013 Roadtrek RS Adventurous (aka..Roada)
Wisconsin Dells...Water park capital of the world

applegater
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished installing my Vizio 16" LCDHD television.

What_Next
Explorer
Explorer
Drove from Fredricksberg TX to Deming N.M. just over 600 miles in 10 hours , those 80 mph west Texas speed limits sure help. Didn't do much for mileage just under 17 but then I had a good head wind too. Now to slow down and enjoy the winter.
2008 Southwind 32v

sergeant76
Explorer
Explorer
Booster, any photo's of the Computer stand for the front, what is the name of the portable printer, and where did you buy it?

If possible if you can, send me info at my E-mail address.

Thanks.

Ron
E-mail address: RRCRT@aol.com
Ron & Rose Cabral
New Bedford, MA
2010 Chevy/RoadTrek 190 Popular
FMCA-303873 ~K1RRC~ RRCRT@aol.com

booster
Explorer
Explorer
We just finished up the list of winter projects on our 07 C190P Roadtrek (pretty early this year to be done), DW did a cleaning of the generated mess, closed the doors and will let it sit till spring. The list was pretty long this year.

Built and installed a Nascar style rear sway bar. Moved the generator exhaust. Changed from Firestone air bags to Airlift so the bar would fit.

Computer stand for front, with speaker, gps, power. New laptop and portable printer.

Put in wiring to run the compressor frig off the starting battery, if wanted, so we can shut off the 12 power when we are away from the van, and save the parasitic drains from the detectors, etc.

Put in a group 27 deep cycle battery to replace the starting battery. Easy swap, can now get a 115 amp battery for it which will increase our capacity by 30%, now that we can run the frig off it.

Rewired the frig setup by adding a selector switch for the coach or starting batteries, and made a control panel to hold the switch and the frig compressor speed selector switch. Remade the maple trim for the frig.

Made 3 rollout bins for the cabinet under the sink.

Made shelves and a rollout bin for the factory armoire.

Made a few wood trays to fit various shelves, to hold things that move around too much.

Made a new, slightly larger, fold down "shoe changing" seat for the add-on armoire.

Cleaned up the fabricating on the air powered spare tire lifter that I made last summer and tested. Painted and reinstalled.

Now, if it would just stop snowing for a while, .......

KHJPHOTO
Explorer
Explorer
Escargot wrote:
Installed and stabilized new 16" visio LED...
washed it during my lunch break.
Deciding if I want to drive to the Slabs or Quartzsite for the weekend... otherwise I might just climb into the RV, get comfy, and watch a movie tonight. 🙂

Weather here is gorgeous. 70s and sunny.

Yeah, but you are in CA - Can you afford the cost of fuel to use it?!

may be cold here; but it will warm up!

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Looked at the Class B in the back yard with some snow on it and waiting for Spring! The tires are parked on 2x2 paving stones.

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
Took care of some minor stuff that's been nagging me.
Cut reflexit and attached to fantastic fan to block out light.
Hung a couple of hooks. Re-attached some rubber molding that was beginning to peel, same with wall paper peeling away from front overhead compartment.
Tested my new flatscreen and re-watched 'the secret life of bees". The new tv is great!
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

abbyarts
Explorer
Explorer
Well, all the stuff for the trip down to winter in Florida is sitting in one room ready to load into "Fabio." Sometime in the next few weeks I'll look for my 3-day weather window and clear out of here. Looking forward to gazing at white sands instead of white snow.
AbbyArts

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
Installed and stabilized new 16" visio LED...
washed it during my lunch break.
Deciding if I want to drive to the Slabs or Quartzsite for the weekend... otherwise I might just climb into the RV, get comfy, and watch a movie tonight. 🙂

Weather here is gorgeous. 70s and sunny.
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

ennajean
Explorer
Explorer
Went into our B to get the backpack/bag we got from B5 to put the IPad in....fits perfectly.
Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.

topless
Explorer
Explorer
I got in the back to get my tire gauge. No big deal, it's parked in my company's warehouse across from the car lift where I was changing the oil on my car and wanted to check the tires while it was up in the air. That way I don't have to kneel down and get dirty. It is only 50 degrees out there, so it's not very warm. 🙂

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
We were gone over the holidays and the snow that built up on the roof got soaked with freezing rain. Normally I use a leaf blower and blow it off. Well, that didn't work. So I put two electric heaters in the van and am slowly, very slowly in sub-freezing temperatures melting it off the roof. There was over a foot of snow on the roof.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

juliev
Explorer
Explorer
We dug ours out too - I should have taken pictures first. The snowdrift was up to the roof on the driver's side. Ours is going in for new tires next week in preparation for a trip next month.
Julie