cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

MelinProv
Explorer
Explorer
Ive been charging everything up and cleaning it and doing some detailing. I sat outside in the driveway and played PlayStation tonight on my TV in my Xplorer-shes ready to go and the weathers right!

Topsblades
Explorer
Explorer
PSW wrote:
I changed out all the 10 watt halogen lights in the Roadtrek with LED bulbs. Perfect fit and the whiter light really increases the light. This should really help with extended dry camping battery useage.

Where did you get the LEDs?

I'm looking for some!

Thanks,

Rick

omjones
Explorer
Explorer
It should be noted that Peter's 26' in Toronto is Celsius... that's about
79' F.
john 'I am Canadian'

locoqueso
Explorer
Explorer
Purchased a set of General Tire Grabber HTS (LT225/75R16).
1978 Westfalia Campmobile (P-21) - VW T2 2.0L F.I.- 148,000m
1993 Intervec Falcon (190SLF) - Dodge B350 Maxi 5.9L F.I. - 50,000m

abbyarts
Explorer
Explorer
Dewinterized, deodorized and ready for fun. Gorgeous weather today made me just want to roll out and GO!
AbbyArts

ChiMom
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I had 4 Bilstein shocks installed in my 2007 PW. I wish I could find a Roadmaster anti-sway bar, but they're on back order from the the company and I'm leaving for Alaska May 15. Not enough time to guarantee delivery and get it installed. The new shocks have made a definite improvement in the ride.
Barbara, Florence, Rascal (bad chihuahua), and Annabelle (good girl turning bad)
Rainbow Bridge: Magoo (baddest chihuahua)
2007 Pleasure-Way Ford Excel TD: Miss Daisy

thriftydutch
Explorer
Explorer
Changed 3 leaking fuel hoses. We were going to take her out to go cycling yesterday but sprung a leak in the fuel lines at the filter. That was the end of our cycling. Will go today. 26 degrees here in Toronto.

1990 L.E.R. Dodge B 250 Class B 17'

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Two days ago, I rented a power washer for various things around the house. I very carefully sprayed the chrome front and rear bumper plus did the side step rails. It did a great job getting them clean.

Warning: Do not use a power washer on the paint portion of the van.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

ennajean
Explorer
Explorer
Had new battery installed....
Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Was 75+ here today so I pulled the batteries out of the vintage B. New battery charger will be here tomorrow so I'll charge and test them then take it for a spin. It may be still too early to take the cover off yet so I might just drive it around the property. I hate letting it sit for 3 or 4 months. Lot's to do on it this spring. Wife is making new curtains and it could use a new steering box as this one leaks a little and it's kinda loose.

Have a good chrome bumper I picked up over the winter that needs to be installed. I kinda like the flat black bumper it has now though. Makes it look like the Road Warrior. Makes people kinda get out of your way or they think your "Living in a van down by the river".
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
I'm getting ready for our first trip this year in less than a month. One thing I did yesterday was install a dash holder for my iPad to use as a large screen GPS for the driver or for general use by the passenger. If you have a 2007 chassis or newer Mercedes Benz Sprinter this directly applies. Otherwise the ideas here are still valid.

I had a spare leather protective case for an iPad that I received from TD Ameritrade, my online broker, as some kind of appreciation gift that I found to be perfect for mounting to the dash of our Great West Van Sprinter Legend Class B RV. My original Apple brand case for the iPad 1 would work too but I plan to give my old iPad with the Apple case to our daughter and use the New iPad for a GPS in the spare case. The cases are sleeve cases with a flip over screen covers. That is a popular design and there could be other brands that would work just as well.

First, I bent the screen cover so it would lip over and form fit on the dash. Then I applied a couple of pieces of industrial strength velcro like so.

The dash has a tray above the radio. On the back side of the tray I applied the corresponding velcro strips which are invisible to view when inside the cab.

The iPad slips in from the top, rest flat with the dash and covers the radio. This shows the Tom Tom GPS app in the 2D view.

This is the more traditional 3D view one would normally use while driving.

You can lift the case to access the radio controls.

On the Sprinter dash there is an identical tray shape in front of the passenger over the glove box. I added velcro strips directly in front of the passenger seat so the iPad could be used in that position as well. All in all about a $5 investment in velcro was all I needed. The new iPad is thinner than the original iPad so slips in and out of the case with ease.

PS. To use an iPad as a GPS you need a cellular enabled version with the assisted GPS. A wifi only iPad will not work. In the case of the Tom Tom GPS I referenced you can use it without a cellular service. It has its own pre-loaded data and maps just like a typical standalone Tom Tom GPS. However, you do need the assisted GPS which only comes with cellular iPads. There is an alternative app called CoPilot that works very similar to the Tom Tom GPS which in turn is very similar to the Tom Tom and Garmin standalone units most B users are familiar with. But we are talking 10" screen here, bigger than standalone GPSes and built into the dash GPSes.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

Topsblades
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday, I bought a new a/c unit with a heat strip and I had my Onan 2.8 pulled for repair & service. Unfortunately while driving it I noticed it start to shift hard. I checked underneath and there was a lot of transmission fluid. I then dropped it off at the shop.

I'm waiting to hear how bad it will be. Wish me luck,

Rick

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
I changed out all the 10 watt halogen lights in the Roadtrek with LED bulbs. Perfect fit and the whiter light really increases the light. This should really help with extended dry camping battery useage.
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

dirtyharryo
Explorer
Explorer
Loaded it up and took it to Rockbridge flea market, good day Saturday, bad day Sunday it rained.

locoqueso
Explorer
Explorer
The weather was so nice, I pulled the Falcon out of winter storage...

• activated insurance,
  • priced tires,
  • vaccumed interior,
  • cleaned gunk off the exterior,
  • filled leakly rear tire,
  • installed Dometic DuoTherm 5600btu Heat Strip Kit,
  • installed Optima D34 batteries,
  • and installed vented battery box.
1978 Westfalia Campmobile (P-21) - VW T2 2.0L F.I.- 148,000m
1993 Intervec Falcon (190SLF) - Dodge B350 Maxi 5.9L F.I. - 50,000m