cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

jvanoyen
Explorer
Explorer
MAU MAU wrote:
Jerry: With out knowing what selections you made regarding cookies or auto-sign in, it is a little difficult to give you a definitive answer.

One quick fix for a PC is to download and use Google Chrome as your browser. This is free and is very good.

When you sign into sites such as this, you are asked if you want your computer to remember your password. Just click yes and it will auto sign in for you.

This should eliminate your pop-ups. If you need more help, PM me and I will try to help you through it.

Thanks! I will try chrome and report back!
Jerry
Jerry Van Oyen

jimervin
Explorer
Explorer
a little scary. The propane detector went off driving down the road. Light smoke in cab on passenger side. Checked everything and shut off propane tank. When checked at home I found a hiss near the tank, time to do a bubble test and likely replace a rubber hose or two. Right now I have it parked away from the house in front yard. I'll let you know what I find.

Update: Replaced pressure regulator. Small job, but tedious getting under the coach. Interesting explaining what I wanted at the RV (supposed) stores.
jim

Aikensbest
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunately...I put it up for sale today. Van is in great shape, can't say the same for the health of the owners. Gonna miss ya'll, but will still be following on RV.Net
Aikensbest
2001 GreatWestClassic

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
I changed the macerator hose on the RT today. Never a pleasant task under any circumstance. A few years ago, I purchased a heavy duty hose at Tractor Supply and ran it from the pump to the hose storage box. That baby is 150 psi BF Goodrich heavy duty and should last a very long time.

The problem is that it then connects to the 1" flexable hose in the hose box in the exterior pull out storage compartment. Every time the storage compartment is opened to get something out, the hose is flexed in that portion between the box itself and the connection to the heavy duty hose.

I bought a new flex hose and installed a PVC 1" union at the terminus of the heavy hose and the connection to the flex hose, thus I can now replace by removing the entire flex hose more easily and not have to crawl under the whole RT and mess with those super tight pvc fittings.

Room for working on anything on a B is limited, just the nature of the beast. Surely there can be a better way for RT to design and install the hose and perhaps newer models have changed and thus addressed this continual hose stressing problem.
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

seraphim
Explorer
Explorer
Today, the GyrFalcon is getting new front brake sensors. It is being put on the market (regrettably) as we are changing to a truck camper. Personally, I hope it doesn't sell *grin*. DW thinks we shouldn't have two campers *sigh*
2012 GMC 3500HD Crew Cab LB 4x4 DRW with Duramax 6.6 diesel
2013 Palomino Maverick 2902.
[

MAU_MAU
Explorer
Explorer
Jerry: With out knowing what selections you made regarding cookies or auto-sign in, it is a little difficult to give you a definitive answer.

One quick fix for a PC is to download and use Google Chrome as your browser. This is free and is very good.

When you sign into sites such as this, you are asked if you want your computer to remember your password. Just click yes and it will auto sign in for you.

This should eliminate your pop-ups. If you need more help, PM me and I will try to help you through it.
Roadtrek 170 Popular

jvanoyen
Explorer
Explorer
MAU MAU wrote:
Sounds like you have a great adventure ahead Davydd.
I enjoy hearing about all the chatter about our Class B's.
What I don't enjoy is the pop up that always occurs, asking me to sign up. I am signed up. I hate the pop up! HOW can that be eliminated? I am anxious to hear from anyone who knows!
Jerry Van Oyen

MAU_MAU
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you have a great adventure ahead Davydd.
Roadtrek 170 Popular

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Tanya6520 wrote:
Removed food and cooler, bedding for laundering, kitty supplies, clothes and shoes to be washed, computer and reading material, cleaned the galley and swept out the "tin can" and put new supplies in for the next trip. My husband pressure cleaned it. Lots of bugs from our trip back to Florida from Ohio last night.
Yikes, my bedding does need to be washed. Thanks for the reminder. 😮
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
The cabinets are solid 3/4" thick walls to screw into.

We had our 1,500 mile shakedown trip to Missouri and back last week. In May we will head out for Washington, DC and back through Indianapolis. In late June we head for Alaska. In September, a close trip in Wisconsin for the BSG Social in Hixton/Alma. Busy as usual. Last year we were on the road for over 100 days and really did not have much time to make any alterations.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

MAU_MAU
Explorer
Explorer
Davydd: Very nice job on the cabinets and maximizing your storage.

Are those cabinets all solid? And now that you have your storage all squared away, where are you taking your GW this Summer?
Roadtrek 170 Popular

Tanya6520
Explorer
Explorer
Removed food and cooler, bedding for laundering, kitty supplies, clothes and shoes to be washed, computer and reading material, cleaned the galley and swept out the "tin can" and put new supplies in for the next trip. My husband pressure cleaned it. Lots of bugs from our trip back to Florida from Ohio last night.

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
Busy week this week for me. My last project to maximize storage in my Great West Van Legend was to put shelves in the back closet located behind the bathroom and cantilevered over the sleeping area. It was just an open cabinet with a coat hanger receiver at the top (left in that you can see at the top). We never used it for hanging clothes and was just kind of a disorganized catchall for us. So I decided to add three shelves. The difficulty I quickly found was the back wall was curved inward from bottom to top, the side walls were not parallel to each other, the front wall was slanted and not parallel to the back wall and there were cutouts for a radio receiver and plumbing inside the cabinet covered with Ultraleather upholstering. Nothing was normal and of course you can't plumb when the B is not parked level. So I had to do a lot of measuring and building of cardboard templates to get the shelf dimensions. Then I had to figure out tolerances to be able to slip the shelves in as the curved inward back wall made it impossible to drop a shelf in from the top and any installed brackets would make it impossible to lift up from below. I finally came up with a wood spacer system to build from the bottom up and insert after getting the shelves at each level positioned inside the cabinet. So I built and installed from the bottom up. The first shelf was a given. It rested on the radio receiver cutout. The next two shelves were space 5" clear so canned goods or a soft drink or beer can could be stored with little spare wastage as I have illustrated with some props. I used 1/2" melamine covered shelf boards that I bought at Menards. I was able to cut the shelves from one 24" x 60" board. Because nothing was square, I used a saber saw with a board clamped down to act as a guide to get a straight cut. Looks simple enough but it took two days.

I noticed the last Great West Van Legend I saw at the RV shows had gone back to putting shelves in this cabinet but they only had two shelves, not three. So now our two hanging closets no longer can be used that way. I think we can live with that since we never carry clothes that really need hanging. I took the hanger receiver that was in the front armoire and installed it under the back overhead cabinet. It is just there for temporary hanging of clothes and things. It may never get used, but is better than throwing it away.

I think I am done with maximizing storage for now.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

MelinProv
Explorer
Explorer
Davydd really nice and functional projects I wanted to wax my B this weekend but its snowing again tonite and will go down to 27 degrees dang it

MAU_MAU
Explorer
Explorer
I agree that less graphics give a unit more class, and yours is just that.

I don't know what Winnebago was thinking with the graphics on the ERA, but in my opinion, it makes the unit look like it belongs in a circus.

I recently removed the Roadtrek name from four places on my unit, as well as the dealer and RVIA stickers. It now looks cleaner and more steathly.
Roadtrek 170 Popular