cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

sergeant76
Explorer
Explorer
Install Screen Savers for the rear/bed side window screens. Have 3 Beagles who like to look out the windows in the rear, was concerned they could accidentally damage the screens.

Had left over wall panel, cut two panels to fit/cover the rear side window screens, made 4 clips to secure the panels out of 1 aluminum step flashing.

Ron

Panel is up to so louvers can be opened

Ron & Rose Cabral
New Bedford, MA
2010 Chevy/RoadTrek 190 Popular
FMCA-303873 ~K1RRC~ RRCRT@aol.com

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
I added a Sunforce battery isolator / smart charger for my coach battery . Stan's little rig mods

studio_driver
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the 5-yr old defective CCI Controls propane detector with a Safe-T-Alert 30-441. What should have been an easy "2 screws + 2 wires" job turned into a 2 hr project. First the mounting screws are a 6 in. center to center for the new unit vs. 6.25 in for the old one. So I had to cut and fit a small wooden block nailed to the cabinet cut-out so that the screw bites into something solid. Then, the new unit is about 1/8 in. deeper than the old one. That should be no problem except for a copper pipe feeding the water heater standing in the way. So I had to fabricate a rectangular spacer (the size of the unit face) with a rectangular hole (the size of the control box) out of 1/8 in. thick white ABS to made the unit sit flush without any gap. On top of that, the location near the floor and between 2 cabinets is not the easiest to work on.
Anyway, it is now working and the modifications are done for when I need to replace it in 5 years, assuming they don't change the model again!
Alain
2007 PW Excel TS
2 adults

scarpi
Explorer
Explorer
I used Old English Lemon Oil (a furniture care product)to protect the wood faces of my cabinets in my 09 PW Excel. The lemon oil eventually soaks into the wood thereby helping prevent the wood from drying out in our heat in Phoenix. If they dry out they start cracking. Put alot on the cloth and just go around wiping the cabinets. But you have to be carefull not to get it on any fabric. Basically just the cabinet faces need to be done. I do this about once every couple of weeks. I use the same cloth every time and protect my hands with latex gloves. I keep the gloves and cloth in a sealed plastic container. The lemon oil I use is a liquid not a spray. For those of us that live where it gets hot in the summer, this is a quick simple way to keep your wood cabinets in your rv in good shape!

RnRs-RT
Explorer
Explorer
Put a coat of Turtle wax on the roof of my RT 190 Versatile, 2nd coat this season. That fiberglass top loves to soak up the wax.

kenh216
Explorer
Explorer
The Corian countertop in our new ERA is the same as in our house. I had a 16" square piece left over, so I mounted it to some board, put on a post fitting, and made a cocktail table for the front.

ennajean
Explorer
Explorer
Lounging in ours in a campground in Niles Michigan.....on our way home from B 9.
Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Drove it to Circleville, Ohio to my niece's graduation party on Saturday. We stayed in the B over night and drove it back today. 130 miles of excercise on the engine. :C

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Terri21 wrote:
..awoke to a beautiful sunrise....went fishing along the river and am now relaxing with a cup of coffee...was just reflecting on how comfy this Roadtrek is and pleased that I have one..!

Livin' in a van down by the river.... 🙂
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

Terri21
Explorer
Explorer
..awoke to a beautiful sunrise....went fishing along the river and am now relaxing with a cup of coffee...was just reflecting on how comfy this Roadtrek is and pleased that I have one..!

Aikensbest
Explorer
Explorer
sat in it,had a cold drink watching tv and wished I was in Ohio with the B9 rally. I miss you guys!!
Aikensbest
2001 GreatWestClassic

nbragtop
Explorer
Explorer
After reading how many good things are said about Class B and especially 2012 ERA's . I think I am going to go outside and hug our 2012 ERA for being so good. We really are enjoying it.

ennajean
Explorer
Explorer
Ate breakfast in it this morning at the campground where the B 9 rally is going to be this weekend.
Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I got the bed clothes washed as I am staying at my sisters house this Saturday via her daughters graduation party.

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
My PW was finally repaired and I picked it up last Wednesday. From hit and run to repair = Jan 1, 2012 through 9 May 2012. (Ugh) Filled the tanks on Thursday, and left on Friday for Caspers Wilderness in Orange County, returned Sunday afternoon. Perfect weekend!

This morning I drove it so I could wash it after work. Noticed someone broke into it overnight! Took two small folding tables, a plastic crate, my beach towel, and my favorite hooded sweatshirt! I really lucked out! They didnt go into any of the cabinets, or remove the TV or DVD player, or DVDs, or tools, or portable compressor, or a bunch of other stuff that had real re-sale value.

Based on what was taken, my guess is it was some homeless dude.
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter