cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
Hope you don't mind my stealing that idea. Very slick.

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Going to install a roof vent over the winter but since money is short right now I rigged up a fan for the upper window in the old B. I cut a piece of Plexiglas and mounted a standard 12V DC equipment fan to it. The fan sits perfectly in the glass track and with the window shut against it it stays in place fine. I put a standard accessory plug with a switch on it to plug into the 12V plug on the wall next to the window. It doesn't move as much air as a roof fan but it draws a lot less current and it's quiet. It will take a few minutes longer to exhaust the hot air (moves 75 CFM) but for under $20 I can live with that until I can shell out the $200 or so for the roof vent and install it over the winter.

It's not that pretty but it works.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

rdtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
Cleaned it out the van after an overnight trip to watch The Perseid meteor shower at Palomar Mountain on Sunday night.

fugawibill
Explorer
Explorer
Rotated my tires, all the way from Mazatlan to Lake Chapala, Mexico.

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
Installed my sink setup,Fuse box,Inverter,Changed fridge DC line to deep cycle instead of starter battery.Found spot for my ladder with hooks and bungee cord.INTERIOR TOUR OF MODS

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
rvgary wrote:
Thanks Mau Mau,
Here is another mod I made moving the table from the back to in back of the drivers seat. Now the table can be left up all the time I'm parked. Has to come down when traveling as I have to slide the drivers seat full forward to use the table and I'm a good size fellow that needs the seat back when driving
NICE JOB !

rvgary
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Mau Mau,
Here is another mod I made moving the table from the back to in back of the drivers seat. Now the table can be left up all the time I'm parked. Has to come down when traveling as I have to slide the drivers seat full forward to use the table and I'm a good size fellow that needs the seat back when driving

MAU_MAU
Explorer
Explorer
YIKES!

RV Gary, excellent wood working!

I wish you the best of luck in your new B.
Roadtrek 170 Popular

rvgary
Explorer
Explorer
Here is a shot looking in from the back

rvgary
Explorer
Explorer
Well I didn't do it today, I just bought this 97 Coachman a couple weeks ago. The one thing it lacked was a closet. Being a "Lone Wolf" I made the bed into a single. This freed up 15" on each side of the van. On the right side I made and installed a closet and on the left I put in a small chest of draws

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
I can't tell from your photo but the ball should not touch the blade, just the arm. The blade will deform if it sits on the ball for an extended period of time.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I bought some tennis balls to keep the front wiper blades from touching the hot windshield while sitting in driveway. Does anyone else do this?

(Picture is not my RV)

doghouse_owner
Explorer
Explorer
...replaced the factory supplied wall arm mount and Samsung tv with the Ergotron LX wall mount so that my new Vizio HD tv/monitor can actually be viewed from a comfortable height, including desk height in front of me while sitting at the rear table, but yet still be stored up and away.

...replaced the old cheap broken plastic latch hardware in several cabinets with new cheap, but not-yet-broken plastic latch hardware.

...started searching the web to find where to buy replacement arms to the window mechanism for 2 windows in my rig....nothing like finding out that the original window manufacturer has been belly up since the year after I bought my RV....
Wendy
Owned and trained by Cocoa, Mikey and the Ollie-man - all with great recalls

2008 Roadtrek RS Adventurous - recall x 3
2009 Honda Sport Fit - no recall
Stowaway2 on swingaway tow frame - no recall
2002 Honda Odyssey EXL - now with a recall!

charles
Explorer
Explorer
Brought all the bed/seat cusions into the house, will shampoo them next week. I've only owned this PW a couple weeks and decided to wash it today so I can start waxing. Got my ladder out and couldn't believe how dirty the roof was, it looked like it hadn't been washed in years. It's clean now. I'm going to try the Red Max Pro #3 wax on the roof as I don't think I can get the gelcoat to shine with any typical rv/marine cleaner and wax.

Nick
2019 Thor Chateau 22B

neil_hank202
Explorer
Explorer
I got new GoodYear tires for my Class B.