cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

Traveler7
Explorer
Explorer
Plugged my van in and checked the Fridge out- working perfectly! Will go camp tomorrow!!
"We are not defined by our limitations, we are defined by our potential"

Heapie
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks,

Today was a happy and sad day. I sold my boat, a 22 foot C-dory. Now I plan to put all my energies into my 2002 Roadtrek 190V, and enjoy seeing the countryside.

Had a talk with a Massachusetts State Trooper about parking for the night in the Park and Ride lots. What he said that u
nless is says otherwisw, you can park all night. I would assume that the same rules as we use at Walmarts would be used here. The only places you cannot park is where it is posted. Example. Exit 5 Plymouth, you can park in the lot, but not where the trucks park.

He talked about state property.

Be careful.

Heapie.

mikes47
Explorer
Explorer
Also de-winterized. Heading to the other side of the state today to visit grand child and his parents. Nice to bring your bedroom and bathroom along. Minimal disruption to the family we are visiting.
Mike
RV = 2014 MB Sprinter 3500 long & tall from Advanced RV

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
Reinstalled the house battery after winter storage in my driveway. All 12 volt systems good. Flushed water system, sanitized it and refilled with fresh. Filled the recirculating toilet. Today I pack all my clothing, turkey hunting gear & food. Tomorrow I drive into the woods for up to 6 days for hunting Monday's opening day.

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
Today I used Meguires headlight restorer kit to polish the headlight lenses and the Fantastic fan cover. Then I removed the Onan 2.8 gen set in preparation to freshen it up a bit. Its 13 years old and only has 56 hours on it. With no load the governor is "hunting" constantly. The carb is probably varnished up a bit...maybe a bit and a half.... and there is a fuel drip over near the fuel pump.....more to come.
John & Gloria
South West, Florida
2009 Leisure Travel Serenity

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced bulbs and refurbished my CHMSL brake light and cleaned out and sealed the rear marker lights.
John & Gloria
South West, Florida

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a Charge Wizard on my 9140 converter.
John & Gloria
South West, Florida

Traveler7
Explorer
Explorer
Reworked and repaired the vintage wiper motor on the van and now I have reliable wipers!

nbking
Explorer
Explorer
I have my 19P in a garage where it has been all winter. This year I did not remove my battery but did disconnect it.

Tried to start it today and it started up right away.

Also getting the plastic on the front of the Roadtrek repaired as the previous owner had hit a curb and broke the plastic in three places.

While the repair was in progress, they noticed an oil leak. I have an appointment on Saturday to have a mechanic look at it. Probably a gasket or an improperly installed oil filter.

Then, we are ready to go for the summer.

Sebtown
Explorer
Explorer
Today I replaced the chassis battery in my 06/07 Airstream Interstate. Imagine my surprise when I removed it and found a manufacture date of Oct 06! I replaced it with a Johnson Controls battery from Wally World which I doubt will last 9.5 years as the OEM one did.

Heapie
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks,

Yesterday I went to the storage area and cleaned the RV. Next time, which will be next week, I will start on my projects. Hope to hit the road by the 15th of April for a short trip.

Heapie

tev123
Explorer
Explorer
took apart the power dist. panel, to fix an auto xfer switch issue. see post at this post
- Tony

1990 Ford E250 Intervec Falcon @midvancrisis
_

Escargot
Explorer
Explorer
Sanitized the fresh water tank!
2006 Pleasure Way Plateau TS, MB Sprinter

Traveler7
Explorer
Explorer
I am replacing all the cooling system except the Radiator on the 77' Dodge. It all started when I noticed a leak (from the Heater Core, I think) and as part of the improvements I wanted to change the thermostat. The rear T-stat housing bolt seized and mobile mechanics broke the housing getting the bolt out. So- I've ordered a new Heater Core and got a used replacement housing and new water pump. Today I cleaned the replacement housing, took all the old gasket material off of it and started to paint it- but it started raining. When all the parts get here I will have the mobile mechanics put it all back together and cross my fingers!
I will post some pics on my Class B Van Restoration thread when it's finally done!

Heapie
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I got my Roadtrek 190V started. After sitting for over a month on a dirt pad, the house battery did not have enough juice to start. Having just replaced the alternator, I thought the problem might be solved by a new battery. After a half hour charge, it started up. I then took it for an exercise run and filled the gas tank up. I started the generator and it started right up.

As I pulled out of the driveway, I noticed that the RV was making noise. I will have to chase this down. Because of the alternator problem, I could not get the RV onto paided storage with a blacktop pad.

I have informed my wife that I will be leaving alone soon for a shake down cruise. This is the only way I can get anything done.

Heapie.