cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

Reflex439
Explorer
Explorer
Used it at another fly-in in NY, did some storage mods and re-organization, and repaired a minor electrical issue.

Traveler7
Explorer
Explorer
Washed and waxed and cleaned/filled 15 gallon water tank.
"We are not defined by our limitations, we are defined by our potential"

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up my van on Wednesday. Got 4 new Thunder Ranger HT tires installed. Front brake pads and calipers installed (front drivers side caliper was sticking). Shop said rotors are good and did not need replaced. Brake line bled then new fluid installed.
All for $749.89 out the door.

I still need to investigate my Air conditioner issue. No blowing cold air. Has new compressor and been converted to R-134 (or whatever it is)? 🙂

Eastwacamper
Explorer
Explorer
Put more things into the Phoenix Cruiser, new to me. I hope I go back and take some things out. Kitchenware and towels. I took them inside to wash and returned them. I washed part of the mh a couple of days ago. Waiting for cool weather to wash all of it. Inside edges of the three vents need cleaning and I don't know how to do it unless I climb up top and do it. I need to get propane for the next voyage.

Reflex439
Explorer
Explorer
Added a memory foam topper for the bed, new front tires, installed a rear view camera, added a house/start battery switch for the stereo, re-organized storage. Then took it our to stretch its legs for the weekend.

tev123
Explorer
Explorer
saturday: replaced the radiator (original was completely rusted inside), replaced a power steering leaking hose, tires rebalanced (since now I can go faster than 55), oil change

next improvement: add solar meter and charge controller meter

next fixes:
- refrigerator in gas-mode is not lighting up (there is spark and brief ignition)
- a/c blower vents switching to defrost vent under acceleration (vacuum issue)
- rear brake cable re-lube (drum brake sticking due to cable not releasing fully)

what would we do without youtube and google?
- Tony

1990 Ford E250 Intervec Falcon @midvancrisis
_

rvroadtrips
Explorer
Explorer
I am one line of silicone away from finishing the new running boards. I painted them with silver metallic paint, used contact spray glue on the backside of P-80 wet/dry sandpaper stip and then used clear window sealant on all the edges of that to seal the paper edges. Looks great! Last week I put wax on the paint job that took me two springs and one and a half summers to finish on the outside. Painted it two shades of sage green. Looks beautiful!

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
It has been plugged in all weekend. Ran the roof top air conditioner for about 4 hours. I do not use this as much as I used to since the girlfriend bought a Class C. I bought a pair of tire covers. This side gets the bulk of the sun daily.

arm
Explorer
Explorer
Resealed the three top windows yesterday. The rubber seal around the glass, that presses into frame dried out and was cracked resulting in leaks.(and after only 20 years in the hot sun) Dealer could not supply new rubber seals.....(the same one that wanted $384 for 1 glass from Roadtrek, that I got at a glass shop for $24). Also could not find proper seal at auto and RV supply shops. So, removed windows & frame, cleaned inside frame where seal and glass would sit, ran a bead of black silicon in frame, dropped the clean window glass in and then ran another bead of silicon around the edge of the glass and frame. Let it sit horizontally for 4 hours to set up, and then reinstalled the units.

Rained all last night and most of the morning.............but it was dry when checked a few minutes ago. Will see how this fix lasts after 8,000 to 10,000 miles of driving at highway speeds.
2011 Roadtrek 190 Versatile
1996 Roadtrek 190 Popular
1990 Dodge 2500 conversion
1982 Dodge 1500 conversion

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
Switched out our old Dometic 2353 fridge for the newer 2354 electronic version.

A few days ago I upgraded the little 13 inch tv and VHS player for a new 22 inch Skyworth TV with built in DVD player.
John & Gloria
South West, Florida
2009 Leisure Travel Serenity

BudJ
Explorer
Explorer
Installed the 'optional' second battery with 05/04 Roadtrek 190P, 2 group 27 batteries.

Bud

rvroadtrips
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I made a "storm shield" for the outside of the van window. I used insulation which is like bubblewrap between two sheets of mylar (Reflex? forgot the name, something like that). I cut it custom to fit the window.

Then I sewed an apple green boarder on the edging all the way around and added two side flaps. The flaps go through the van's wing windows - those little ones next to the main window. When you put the flap through the window and close it this holds the storm shield on. I didn't have it finished the day before but had the cutout and USED IT when my house became the center of a Colorado storm that pelted a LOT of HAIL at my window. I used the wipers to hold it on (had to do this 3 times due to the wind). I figure it saved me about $300 or more for a new window. This storm was the worst I've ever personally seen. It was awesome.

Reflex439
Explorer
Explorer
Took mine to a RC fly-in in CT with a fresh new engine water pump and serpentine belt.

rvroadtrips
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday undid the 14 screws to the outside refrigerator vent and removed the hornet's nest being built there. Put it back on this morning.

Yesterday thought I finally got all the latex around the new floor rug only to discover I missed about six bolt holes so took it out this morning and did those. That's what I get for having parents that always did things the best way they could - nobody would know but me if it wasn't perfect, alas it would haunt me.

Tried to put the painted medicine cabinet back in but have to find a board to mount behind it so I'll ask for hubby help in getting that board the right size and try to do this today

Yesterday I cut the new vinyl to lay on top of the newly painted floor area where the water tank goes. Also cut vinyl for the cargo bay. I also finished painting the "bedroom" walls white.

Cleaned and spray painted with high heat paint the stovetop. The paint was recommended by an RV dealer.

Washed the hanging wire racks throughout the camper - the ones that were removable. Today I'll steam clean the ones that are not removable.

I think that's about it.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Got a latex foam mattress for the B and put it in today. Starting to get things together for our summer trip (northern GA, NC, VA, OH (incliding the NDOG), IN and then back home) in a week. A bit early to pack, by we're anxious.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!