cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

My_Roadtrek
Explorer
Explorer
The Phoenix Cruiser is a Class C. This is the "B" forum.

Eastwacamper
Explorer
Explorer
Had some work done on my Phoenix Cruiser. Furnace wouldn't shut off, blower, that is. Something got replaced.

Also interested in trickle solar charger. What did you get and where?

Now choosing which hand tools to take along, clippers for errant bushes too. Need to fill the water tank and get propane. I'll be heading out in a week or so for a few days.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Charged the motor battery up. I had not driven it fro about 3 weeks. It wanted to start but did not quit make it. Good as new now with the charged up battery.

I bought a solar trickle charger for it. Will hook up this weekend. Fingers crossed it will work.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
This is what I did to our Class B today, used it as a truck. 🙂 Just one of the many uses of a Class B RV.

David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

Reflex439
Explorer
Explorer
stan909 wrote:
Ambitious .I've got to learn how to sew.I'm going to check YouTube university. My wife doesn't know how to sew.

It's been a long process. Sewing the curtains wasn't all that hard, but adding the glide tape for mounting them proved to be a pain with the 'feet' supplied with the sewing machine. I also chose to use a second layer of fabric for the back side, one to add some additional insulation, and second to block more light. Add some complications. The backing is a medium gray fabric, and lets in just enough light during the day so I don't feel like I'm in a cave.. With the curtains closed, and the dark tint, you can't tell anyone is inside day or night. Windows just look black.

Throw in the mistakes and re-work along the way... if I ever need curtains again, I'm going to ask the appropriate question.... "How much, and when can I pick them up?" LOL

But they do look sooooo much better!

Reflex439
Explorer
Explorer
Added a rear rack to the spare tire mount for folding chairs and other tall items that don't fit the inside storage areas. I bought a hitch mounted cargo rack and only used the basket, mounted it vertically to the spare tire mount. Works great, looks good, and very functional. I also have the other half that I can use on the hitch once I remount the second half of the basket to be centered on the hitch mount.

Also replaced carpet in the center and aft areas, new cushion material in the driver and passenger arm rests (original deteriorated to dust). Hopefully tonight, I can get the last curtains done and installed.

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
Ambitious .I've got to learn how to sew.I'm going to check YouTube university. My wife doesn't know how to sew.

Reflex439
Explorer
Explorer
Started the process of making all new curtains for the RT. Never liked the originals when I got the van, so dated. Wife gave me the tour of the sewing machine and off I went. One windows done, several to go 🙂 Also emptied a few closets, cleaned, and re-packed.

DenDanger
Explorer
Explorer
Back home with rebuilt transmission.

Then it needed a new thermostat, covered under warranty as it was replaced last January.

Next, with all this snow, new wiper blades.
Den.
"Life's a Gas."-The Ramones.
Den's law: "Murphy was underestimating the stuation."

Reflex439
Explorer
Explorer
Wanted to test the cold weather capabilities. Last night I slept in the Roadtrek in the driveway (in case I needed to head back in the house 🙂 ). Outside temps were in the single digits (F). Used the furnace which easily kept the inside temp in the high 60's and low 70's, but shut it off completely when I went to bed at 10pm. Without any additional heating during the night, I was toasty warm under a thick fleece blanket topped with a warm thick down comforter.

Inside temp was 34F when I woke up at 6am, but still very warm under the blankets. Turned on the heat, jumped back in bed for another half hour and when I got up inside temp was back in the low to mid 60's. Much better overall than I had expected.

For reference, during the night I did have reflectix insulation in all the side and rear windows, fantastic fan, and three overhead skylights, also all curtains were closed and a sun shade used on the front windshield. When checking around I could feel some cold thru the coach air conditioner vent, and from the vent over the kitchen stove. Next time I would also cover the AC with something, but leave the stove fan uncovered to allow some fresh air to enter.

All in all I was quite surprised how comfortable I was. I won't think twice about cold weather trips in the van as long as I have good blankets, a working furnace, and some Reflectix on hand 🙂

Heapie
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks,

Took my Roadtrek 190V out for an exercise this week. Discovered two things.

1. After filling the gas station and adding an additative, I tried to start the generator. After grinding on and off, the generator went boom and started. After warming it up, I tried to start the heat pump. The generator stopped. Would not start again.

2. While the main engine was on and charging the house battery, the battery minder showed full charge. After shutting off the engine, the minder cowed one. I checked the battery and added distilled water. No change.

The reason I am bringing this up is every time I go to the local rv mechanic who is good, it cost a bundle. I am thinking of adding two AGM batteries for improved power.

Heapie

gregirish1954
Explorer
Explorer
Watched sunrise over Lake Arrowhead

Full blog post here

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sold it.:(

Old age and health issues are upon us. Not giving up on camping, just moving to a larger unit (B+). Will really miss her!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Travelin2
Explorer
Explorer
I installed new Bilstein shocks front and rear on our Pleasure-Way. I did the front ones first and it went pretty good. I crawled under and looked at the rear and thought "OH No".....but after a little head scratching, it wasn't too bad.
John & Gloria
South West, Florida
2009 Leisure Travel Serenity

ramblinredcloud
Explorer
Explorer
Went through some cabinets and got rid of a bunch of junk that I didn't need to keep with me while camping. Still more to go...
1995 Tiara Motor Coach Class B
2007 Chrysler Pacifica