cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

RnRs-RT
Explorer
Explorer
Flushed out the fresh water tank and started to prep it for our first trip To Va. for a story telling festival next weekend. Got a little more than 1/2 the outside waxed today before it started to sprinkle.

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Started mine up and drove it around the block (country block). Then I hung the first of the new blinds, the long one over the bench/bed. Were getting rid of all the old pink ones that came with it when we bought it. My wife is making new curtains also. The khaki will go better and will be a big improvement over the old pink ones.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

MelinProv
Explorer
Explorer
Like most others who live where the weather goes bad-I have taken mine out of storage and cleaned it up and restocked it and driven it. Whats hard for me is to have come from Arizona where I drove my B every week (if not camped 2-4 times a month) all year round and did not worry too much about bad weather. I have pictures of camping in Nov-Dec-Jan Feb March April and May -where as here in Utah those are storage months.These pictures are on my cell phone and I find myself looking at them way too much now. There's snow in the mountains again and I live just under them-17 inches in 2 days here {sigh} Maybe in 3 days I can take a bonafide trip if the campgrounds are open for some spring fishing!"Dont it allway seem to go-that we dont know what weve got till its gone"

Cubey
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:
goreds2 wrote:
I had to drive the Class B to Easter dinner which I did not mind. My truck is stranded in the garage because the door spring broke and will not even open manually. Probably a couple hundred bucks down the tube. :S
I got the garage door fixed for $131 today but I did have to drive the Class B to work. I need to drive it there at least once a month.

$131 to fix the spring? Sounds like a good deal. My last ex slammed my garage door open when I was kicking him out (i moved his stuff to the garage to keep him out of the house) and jammed it up too far, when I attempted to close it, the steel cables were all messed up, it came down too far on one side and I ended up breaking one of the panes of glass (several were already long gone with wood put in before I bought the house). I had to give the neighbor an old non-running gokart I had to help me get it closed properly until I could get a garage company out to fix it. Cost me about $100 just for them to fix the cables. But too they had to put in some screws on the track back to the wall where it got pulled loose some. At least I got my ex to pay for fixing it plus the value of the gokart since it was all his fault.
1987 F250 6.9 NA diesel / 81 HR Aluma-Lite 30'
Full timer!

Cubey
Explorer
Explorer
I did this the other day but.. I got the generator to run! I had to do some work with the fuel pump.. someone took it off and turned the top half of it around and moved the inlet/outlets into bad positions so I had to correct it. I also filled up the engine oil which was badly low.

After that and much cranking it fired right up! I need to get a new air filter and spark plug for it, give it an oil change, replace the hoses and maybe do a couple more things to it later on.
1987 F250 6.9 NA diesel / 81 HR Aluma-Lite 30'
Full timer!

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:
I had to drive the Class B to Easter dinner which I did not mind. My truck is stranded in the garage because the door spring broke and will not even open manually. Probably a couple hundred bucks down the tube. :S
I got the garage door fixed for $131 today but I did have to drive the Class B to work. I need to drive it there at least once a month.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer

locoqueso
Explorer
Explorer
Tested the resistence of the Temp Sensor II on the VW. I had problems getting a reading but finally determined the level was a little high above the acceptable range. I will buy a new temp sensor in hopes it will fix the bucking and hesitation that's been holding the old bus back.
1978 Westfalia Campmobile (P-21) - VW T2 2.0L F.I.- 148,000m
1993 Intervec Falcon (190SLF) - Dodge B350 Maxi 5.9L F.I. - 50,000m

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
I got our LTV's exterior "refreshed" last month. Over the seven years (can it be that long) that we have had it and the 103K corresponding miles, the exterior has taken some dings:

• 1. Brushing against an extra high curb while parking (about a 3" scrape on the fiber glass running board just in front of the rear wheel on passenger side).

• 2. Driving up and over a roadside shoulder in Alaska that had too small of a radius (bent the passenger side running board angle iron support and compromised the fiber glass and paint).

• 3. Nudged up against the slope next to our cabin driveway while turning around (caused a break in the center of the ground effect fiberglass below front license bracket).

• 4. Backed into an overhanging tree limb while parallel parking on a side street (pushed in about 4" of top right back corner of the body on passenger side).

• 5. Many very small dings (guessing 50 or more) in the paint on the small Sprinter hood that had chipped the paint but not the primer. Most were very small and hard to distinguish from bugs.

• 6. On our recent Feb/Mar trip, I heard a flapping outside the driver door and as I looked out the rear view mirror I saw the rubber mat from the door step go flying down the highway.

• 7. Pulled too close to a US Mail drop box and the box bounced along the side of the van on the driver side beginning at the refrigerator cover as I pulled away (about 3 dings in the side that went through the paint and primer to bare metal in the area of the LTV decal in that area). This just happened in March and was the first assault on the exterior that brought rust.

• 8. Windshield dings. We have had the windshield replaced three times over seven years due to dings too big to leave or patch. We again had five dings since the last windshield change. The previous three windshield changes had resulted in paint compromises around the windshield opening and rust was beginning to extend out from the bottom of the windshield gasket (the only place on the van with any rust except for #7 above).

All but the last three had been there for some time, but it seemed time to fix the results of my carelessness and the inevitable results of driving. The first step was to call LTV about a decal that would be needed after fixing the body for #7. I got what they said was the last one they had for our model and at less then half the normal price since they said it had been around for quite some time and was less than perfect (it worked perfectly after being applied by the body shop).

I found a body shop that seemed to do good work, could handle the size of the LTV, and was priced reasonably (though not cheap) since all but the windshield replacement would be on my dollar.

The result is our LTV is back to its out-the-factory look. The body shop sanded, primed and painted the windshield opening as part of the windshield replacement and painted the hood as part of that process.

Ready for the next 100K miles.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

RSchleder
Explorer
Explorer
Checked/aired all tire air pressure with my new milton air gauge. I know, sounds simple until you try to check the rear duals on a Sprinter 3500 chassis, then it gets a bit more involved!

ChiMom
Explorer
Explorer
I sanitized my fresh water system....again. Did it two days ago, but with a nice lavender scented bleach. Then I read in another forum to only use unscented bleach because the others are not disinfectants. Who knew? I must have missed the memo. ๐Ÿ™‚
Barbara, Florence, Rascal (bad chihuahua), and Annabelle (good girl turning bad)
Rainbow Bridge: Magoo (baddest chihuahua)
2007 Pleasure-Way Ford Excel TD: Miss Daisy

jimervin
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up a nw spare tire cover to replace old one. Removed driver's side seat belt, only took about an hour and a half, and ordered a replacement online. Likely saved about $300 or so.
jim

ennajean
Explorer
Explorer
Filled gas tank ....leaving Wed. on road trip......
Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:
Washed it! I waxed the side not in the sun. I hope to wax the remaining areas in the next two days.
Yesterday, I waxed the back, front and passenger side. I still have the "fun" roof to do.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Washed it! I waxed the side not in the sun. I hope to wax the remaining areas in the next two days.