cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

Retired_VSP
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's good for the tires, exhaust and all moving parts....just hop in it every now and then and go over to the next town for lunch......we love doing that and it's good for the moving parts. I've also been told to start the engine long enough to let it warm to operating temperature. But if you only do this the tires don't get any exercise.
Bobby and Lynda
Retired VSP and High School Counselor, respectively
"Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value".....Albert Einstein

jimervin
Explorer
Explorer
As Diepenj stated, also having the moving parts move will assist in lubrication of the chassis components. Besides, I enjoy driving my "B".
jim

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
robbins1 wrote:
goreds2, why is it not good for the engine? I took the battery out for our long winter this year but have done the start/idle regularly in the past.
I have heard it is better to take it out on a drive and preferrably a 50 mile round trip. They said it is better to not even start the engine then to let it idle once in awhile. Someone here can answer better than me.

Click here for more info.

robbins1
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2, why is it not good for the engine? I took the battery out for our long winter this year but have done the start/idle regularly in the past.
~~~ruth~~~

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I know it is not good for the engine but tonight I let the Class B idle for about 15 minutes just to keep the battery somewhat charged.

applegater
Explorer
Explorer
Just got home, pulling everything out of it. Amazing on how much the DW can pack in it. Will be cleaning it up and will be ordering a new one within the month.

dreed
Explorer
Explorer
Bought new tires. Michelin Ribs. $1643.27! Wow.

Dave 04 P/W TD

diepenj
Explorer
Explorer
Took The RT for a good drive to make sure the engine was warmed and evaporated all the moisture out of the exhaust. When I got home, I changed the oil, filter and shot grease into all (12) the front end zerks. We are ready to go when warm weather gets here.

MelinProv
Explorer
Explorer
Went out to start it up and run the gen.As I didn't do this for 2 months I thought Id have to jump start it because it gets very cold here but I started using the Battery cut off switch - I never used it before because I lived in Arizona ( WARM ) before and it never sat for more than a month . It started right up.I have a cover on it now and that keeps me from starting it as much as I did before because I hate ( LAZY ) pulling the cover back to get into it. Cant wait for better weather I may sit in my Xplorer and watch TV tonight and run the heater.

vstreano
Explorer
Explorer
Finally got to take our rig (2000 Xplorer XLT) out for a first shake down test. Spent the night at Camano Island State Park in NW WA, about an hour from our home. Temp. got down to about 35, but the furnace, and everything else worked great. That's a relief. Getting ready for a three week cruise down the coast to California. Only disappoint with the rig so far is the mileage. Between 10-11 mpg. But that is all on back roads. Hope to get it up to 12-13 on freeway driving.

lizzie
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2: We drove it out of the mountains to a level spot and all the while I was feeling sad. I really need to find a new home for it though, we have a TT and are not using the B. lizzie

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
lizzie wrote:
Cranked it up and while it was running I dusted the interior. Getting it ready for a potential buyer to see tomorrow.
Don't do it! ๐Ÿ™‚

gdoug83
Explorer
Explorer
Washed it, cleaned the tanks, sterilized the fresh water tank, exercised the genny while taking it for a sprint (pun intended) down the country roads. Two weeks to the next adventure. Gettin' antsy.
Doug
2010 RT RS Adventurous
Sprinter 3500

applegater
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished 3 days in the s.Nevada desert , heading west, probably stop at Sportsmobile before heading N.up the Cal. Coast and home to Oregon.

Cubey
Explorer
Explorer
MAU MAU wrote:
Nice job on the repairs Cubey!

You have an interesting rig there. How many miles?

It shows something like 34k but it's a 5 digit odometer. It's likely to be 134k.. if not 234k. There is an oil change sticker on the door jam that says 91k miles back in 1991 or so.

The transmission was rebuilt last year and barely has any miles on it since then.
1987 F250 6.9 NA diesel / 81 HR Aluma-Lite 30'
Full timer!