cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
My truck is in the shop. Drove the Class B to work today. Pretty fun. Co-workers asked about it etc.

TexRdr
Explorer
Explorer
Finished installing a retractable dog barrier gate to keep my 2-80# friends out of the cockpit of my 2016 Renegade Villagio 25HAB... They are respecting it but can still see what is going on up front.

Heapie
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks,
Another lesson learned. A buyer answered my ad in Roadtrek International. After some negotiation over price, my wife and I drove from Cape Cod to Connecticut to meet with the potential buyer. We pretty much agreed to price and I went back to the Cape and had Majors RV fix anything that might not be right. The only thing I knew about was the windshield washer did not work. Everything else fixed, we were trying to set up a time to do rhe delivery. His finance people called and we sent pictures of the title. Then I ended up in the hospital on tuesday night on a bleeding issue. Thursday morning my wife came into the hospital and informed me that when the buyer heard about it, he got cold feet and walked. (He is 82 years old and I am 78).

Now I am trying to address the real issue that Sheila and I have. Because of age and disability issues, only one person can sleep on the bed. (It ain't going to be me.) Our RV is a Roadtrek 190 Versitile. The idea of fitting the drivers seat and the seat behind the drivers seat to form a cot just does not work. Putting it on the other side blocks the emergency exit.

There are three solutions, two which need somebody else to show interest. Trade for a Roadtrek 190 Popular, sell ours, or figure out a way for me to sleep comfortably without adding more **** to the RV.

Life is interesting. I got out of the hospital on Friday, a little weak but put back together.

Heapie

Heapie
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks, Took my 190V for a exercise drive today. Everything works well. Hope to do some winter camping, most likely after I get back from going south to warm up in February. Boston RV Shop coming up in January. Always go to look and pick up some ideas. Seeing that my car ran it's course and went to car heaven, I have to see if I can fit a 190 in my garage. I will measure everything again. Real problem is the HOA hate dogs and RVs. They think we are trailer trash. Oh well. Merry Christmas to you all, and Happy Holidays to the rest of you.

Heapie

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Working from home yesterday, an elderly gentleman stopped at my house and asked if my camper van is for sale. He has traveled across to the West Coast in an RV multiple times and wanted something that gets better gas mileage.

I politely said, it is not for sale.
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Well - since you asked:

I went crazy with Fat Mat Sound Killer on the ceiling and windows, then added Reflectix over that on the "windows". Stuffed polyfill in the lower cavities. Put down a plywood floor over the factory felt-backed mat. Put some 1/2" plywood to hold my "kitchen cabinet"; plus overhead boards to hold upper cabinets and "stuff".

My kitchen will have a "disappearing sink" 😉 Can't have it looking too "RV-ish"
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Traveler7
Explorer
Explorer
Worked on installing a new bluetooth radio in my 1977 Dodge B Conversion. Very hot here today so I worked on fitting it into the old radio housing and adding an on/off switch.
"We are not defined by our limitations, we are defined by our potential"

Liketoroam
Explorer
Explorer
After getting 2 new front tires, ran the generator for a couple hours. Thinking back since I have owned the van since 2009 I have only used the generator a couple of times.

eric1514
Explorer
Explorer
Last week or so I installed a Trimetric battery monitor and a Trik-l-Start. It's very interesting watching the monitor and seeing what really goes on with your battery.
2006 Dynamax Isata IE 250
420 Ah batteries
400w Solar

Reflex439
Explorer
Explorer
Nobody doing anything with their Class B's..... or are we all out enjoying them instead 🙂

Minor maintenance, moved some 12v power outlets around, decent clean up and prep for a upcoming trip.

Reflex439
Explorer
Explorer
Added a solar panel to the roof of the Roadtrek 190P, MPPT controller, and associated fuses, et al. I also connected a series of wires I ran from the front overhead console to the rear battery compartment for having house battery in the overhead console, rear view camera, relay for rear and side LED lights (switch bedside for security use). Fixed a few odds and ends.

Traveler7
Explorer
Explorer
I did a lot of work today and made a post about it all under 1977 Dodge B Van Conversion Restoration Thread in this Class B Forum!
"We are not defined by our limitations, we are defined by our potential"

Eastwacamper
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Goreds. I'm not supposed to post here but thanks anyway. I'll check into getting that.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Eastwacamper wrote:
Had some work done on my Phoenix Cruiser. Furnace wouldn't shut off, blower, that is. Something got replaced.

Also interested in trickle solar charger. What did you get and where?

I will have to double check but I think it is this. I still have not hooked it up. ECO-WORTHY 10W Solar Panel 10 Watt 12 Volt Pv Solar Module,Solar Cell Panel

EDIT: Adding YOUTUBE video for that. 10W solar panel system off-grid system connection and test review

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
AsheGuy wrote:
This is what I did to our Class B today, used it as a truck. 🙂 Just one of the many uses of a Class B RV.

I'm telling folks that ours will be a "B-" ("a little bit cargo van, a little bit camper")....LOL! We will still need it to be our "truck" while we're in Florida; or to be able to stuff a 12' kayak into for a weekend trip. Having those big doors at the end makes all the difference for workability.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!