cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

mikeandlisa
Explorer
Explorer
goreds2 wrote:
I bought a curtain to put around the front driver/passenger seat area for stealth camping. Back to the drawing board as I lighted up the van inside last night and I can see through it. Thinking I need a solid black curtain.

Try using a blackout curtain.
http://mikeandlisaworld.blogspot.com/

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Eastwacamper wrote:
Once in another vehicle I just attached a solid white lining to the curtain that was there. It reflects light into the living area and you can't see through it. It was white cotton, I think.
Thanks, I also washed my Class B from top to bottom yesterday. Hard work but worth it plus good exercise.

Eastwacamper
Explorer
Explorer
Once in another vehicle I just attached a solid white lining to the curtain that was there. It reflects light into the living area and you can't see through it. It was white cotton, I think.

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a curtain to put around the front driver/passenger seat area for stealth camping. Back to the drawing board as I lighted up the van inside last night and I can see through it. Thinking I need a solid black curtain.

Reflex439
Explorer
Explorer
Eastwacamper wrote:
I need to learn how to post a photo from my cell phone. I have one I took of the B in the woods.

Use this link;

RV.NET Photo Posting page

Then drag the image to the box shown, and once its uploaded, copy the link shown under the image and paste it into your reply. Couldn't be easier 🙂

Eastwacamper
Explorer
Explorer
I need to learn how to post a photo from my cell phone. I have one I took of the B in the woods.

Reflex439
Explorer
Explorer
Ditto. Was thinking of something similar for mine.

Would love to see a picture.

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
Not today but Sunday. We took our daughter to UC Santa Barbara to attend school. Piled it high with her belongings and bicycle,mini fridge .Had her brother and dogs with us also. First time the dogs have been in the van but couldn't leave them behind.We camped on the coast above Ventura on the way home. Wife survived.

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
rvroadtrips wrote:
Yesterday I made a "storm shield" for the outside of the van window. I used insulation which is like bubblewrap between two sheets of mylar (Reflex? forgot the name, something like that). I cut it custom to fit the window.

Then I sewed an apple green boarder on the edging all the way around and added two side flaps. The flaps go through the van's wing windows - those little ones next to the main window. When you put the flap through the window and close it this holds the storm shield on. I didn't have it finished the day before but had the cutout and USED IT when my house became the center of a Colorado storm that pelted a LOT of HAIL at my window. I used the wipers to hold it on (had to do this 3 times due to the wind). I figure it saved me about $300 or more for a new window. This storm was the worst I've ever personally seen. It was awesome.

Would love to see a picture.

Reflex439
Explorer
Explorer
Camped out in a van down by the river 🙂

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
JUST BOUGHT OUR FIRST> YEAH

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Drove it to work Monday and Tuesday for some exercise. 150+ miles

rvroadtrips
Explorer
Explorer
Drove to Pike Forest for a 3-day camping trip. Dodge 350 kept up with all the bad boys on the road. Yes!

Eastwacamper
Explorer
Explorer
Had the roof sealed last week. Ready to head out but can't find someone to go with me. Will organize things and put in shelf liner.

Reflex439
Explorer
Explorer
A quick storm was blowing through, so they got packed away for a couple hours 🙂