cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

Karsty
Explorer
Explorer
Making a few modifications in anticipation of my winter stay in Florida next year. Removed the optional storage cabinet behind the driver's seat and replaced it with a comfortable living room style chair.

I also found a great place to get a front end alignment rather than going to Mercedes dealer who wanted $300. A truck centre with the latest digital equipment that charged $84 including tax! 🙂

I have also removed the front simulators off the front wheels. They are nothing but a pain and have made it difficult to add air since day one. I have now removed a 2" valve extension and was still able to install the TPMS sensors.

I plan to remove the rear simulators as well and see if that makes getting access to the valve stems easier. One the my main concerns has been that the extended valve stems have been banging against the simulators because of centrifugal force while driving at higher speeds. I noticed a small grove starting to develop in them. Perhaps the added weight of the TPMS sensors was an issue .... But no more.
Karsty (The Wandering Viking)

2012 Winnebago ERA

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
Tatertot casserole.

thriftydutch
Explorer
Explorer
Had the oil changed today, washed and vacuumed, made the bed, hooked up the water lines, got enough gas to get me to the USA. New tires waiting in Bloomington, Indiana. All set to leave on Wednesday 8 PM.Hope to make it for Pot luck. By the way what do I make for Pot luck.

1990 L.E.R. Dodge B 250 Class B 17'

Heapie
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks,

Everything is 90% ready to go. I think I will take a solo three day trip and pull everything together.

Heapie

ennajean
Explorer
Explorer
Getting van ready for the B11 rally in Indiana next weekend.
Anne and Dick

DABEE a 2006 Ford Sportsmobile Penthouse top.

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've been doing some "upgrades" over the past couple of weeks on my Roadtrek in preparation for my Alaska trip this summer. Swapped out the Eclipse TomTom in-dash radio/GPS for a Kenwood/Garmin unit. Just had enough of TomTom navigation to God only knows where, plus my other GPS units are all Garmin so I'm comfortable with it. As an added bonus my new radio also has HD as well as SiriusXM. Upgraded the coach batteries (the originals were starting to show their age) and in the process added another 72 Amp-Hrs of capacity. The new larger batteries just fit in the box. Noticed the battery box was starting to sag (this is a 2010 model!) and while looking at the mechanical engineering on it I noticed it was kind of wimpy and the cables were poorly routed to it. So I re-engineered it a bit; installed a barrier to keep the batteries from rubbing on the lock stem, added some much needed bracing to take care of the sag, re-routed the cables into the box so they no longer get crushed by the batteries and while I was at it I added a quick connect cable for my portable solar panel. Now I can connect the solar without having to open the battery box. Next up will be installing some glue down solar panels to the roof - I figure I've got room for about 270 watts and they won't show to the casual observer, but that will wait until this Fall.

hermelv
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the back-up camera system with the Rear View Safety camera and 7 inch colour monitor. Works great! Also replaced the Fantastic fan and fixed the non-opening sliding door (from inside). Not yet ready for camping as we still have some snow on the ground. Won't be long though. Happy summer to all.

NCWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Drove it yesterday 400 miles to the Shenandoah Valley for the Leisure Travel Vans chapter rally, the Blue Ridge Leisures. Great to get her on the road in the spring sunshine!

Seven arrived a day early yesterday, expecting 14 vans at the Creekside Campground, Edinburg, Va., by tonight.

Pot luck suppers with Walmart fried chicken tonight, barbecue tomorrow night. The campground has a very handy enclosed meeting building for our group breakfasts and dinners.

Half coming will be newcomers, so it will be fun to meet new folks. And it's always a treat to see all the vans lined up by the creek.

Any LTV owners in the neighborhood? Stop in and join us! Sites are $35 a night.

Sebtown
Explorer
Explorer
Just replaced the "porch" bulb and both bulbs above the bed with led's. Now waiting for it to get dark so I can check them out.

RnRs-RT
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced front caliper and installed new front brakes, rotated tires and checked the air pressure, checked rear brakes, lubricated chassis and got it ready for state inspection. I gave it a good wash job and the DW polished the chrome wheels. The weather in the north east has finally gotten a bit warmer. We are ready to go!

Heapie
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks,

Yesterday (Monday) I tried to replace the hot water by-pass. I found that Roadtrek in their manufacturing efficiency uses a clamp to attach the small water hoses that is almost impossible to take apart without a special tool. (If anybody knows how to "de-clamp" I would appreciate help.)

I decided to postpone the project and fill the RV with water and make sure everything works. That is today's project.

Heapie

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced my 4 year old engine battery. Took it on a 50 mile round trip. It had been a few weeks since I had it out.
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

gjcummings
Explorer
Explorer
Karsty. I also took my 2013 Era to the MB dealer last week, 4-30-14 for the 20K fuel filter change. The tech said rear back up light was out and changed it under warranty...I saw the bill to MB... $1.70 for the bulb and $21.00 for the labor.

mepboat
Explorer
Explorer
We are now home from a great trip to Juno Beach and West Palm Beach here in Florida. Saw Jimmy Buffett and the coral reefers in West Palm. What a great time. We booked our PW into the RV area and had a blast. It is a little pricey...$151.00 overnight with H2O and power, (50 amp) bring your adapter, but so much better than doing the hotel/motel thing. Great neighbors and a great staff at the Cruzan amphitheatre. While on the east coast we also spent some time at Juno Beach. Outstanding place. Extrememly clean and the clearest water to play in. Even free parking at the beach parking lot. Highly recommend it. On the way home we ran into a lot of love bugs and took the time on arriving home to clean them off right away. Don't wait to remove them little critters....they can turn into concrete real fast in the hot sun if left alone. Now we are cleaned and getting ready for the next trip.

senf
Explorer
Explorer
Finally got around to installing a screen on the side cargo door. The factory supplied screen by BugBarrier is a great screen and heavy duty mesh, but when it comes to unzipping and re-zipping to get in and out it is a pain. Besides which, the velcro hook pieces were separating from the glue strips leaving a sticky mess on the doorway.
This mess was cleared up eventually, but not before trying heat, goop, mineral spirits and finally WD40 & Methyl Hydrate alternately on rags and lots of elbow grease.
The new screen, Magic Mesh,bought at a local hardware store, has more info at www.magicmeshinfo.com. There are two panels. The LHS panel was installed full width, which put the opening in the centre of the door walkway (the rear of the two side doors remains closed and is used for the left hand edge of the LHS panel). The RHS panel needed to be cut off on the RHS. Both panels were too long and were shortened. Because the sticky tape comes through the mesh on the RHS panel, electrical tape was used to cover each one. The original Velcro strips were about 4 inches long, but were cut in two to provide a better fit for the mesh over the curves of the van body. The raw panel edges will be sealed with carpet tape or something similar.
"Drive with Care, Life has no Spare!"
2008 Roadtrek C190V 6.0L Hella Fog, Nighthawk Driving, Halogen Reverse Lights, Fiamma Air Horn, Firestone Air Bags, Custom Bed & Mattress, Custom O/Head Tray. website www.sen-f.ca