cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Did You Do To Your Class B Today ?

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
I see the other types of RV's having this type of thread. I did a search and could not find one here. 🙂

Yesterday, I drove mine to work to "excercise" it. I have driven it to work twice in the two weeks I have owned it.

In the two years I owned my Class C, I drove it to work ZERO times. :E
See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds
1,574 REPLIES 1,574

fugawibill
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the main and transmission seals, along with the intake and valve cover gaskets. Getting ready for a 5 month, 5,000 mile trip through central Mexico

rdtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
exercised the genny while cleaning the interior and carpet with the shop vac. always nice to run the ac to stay comfortable.

RnRs-RT
Explorer
Explorer
Washed the RT and started to load for a trip to "Hershey Park" on Tues. morning.
We take our Grandson every June and stay in the "Hershey High Meadows Camp Ground". Really a nice park and also a nice campground.

OldRadios
Explorer
Explorer
Packed it and hooked up the canoe trailer for a trip to the Catskills for the weekend and then the Adirondacks for a couple days.
2006 Fleetwood 26Q
2010 Harley Softail Toad
2015 Ford Focus Toad
Upstate (the other) New York

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
I swapped my wheels and tires LT235/75/15 from my 95 Dodge conversion van with the P235/75/15 wheels and tires of my 97 Dodge Sportmobile/Glaval van. It made a huge difference with the ride and handling. The camper ride was real squishy and I was considering new shocks but now that won't be necessary. The 95 van is around 1500 lbs lighter so it didn't make that much difference and softened the ride in a good way . The 95 is for sale if you know someone.

corrine258
Explorer
Explorer
I am just going to leave it alone now. It is only a small section and does not get wet at all. We do use the bathroom to shower but I devised some shower curtains to basically wrap around both sides and back. So no water gets to the wall at all. The great thing is that I only need to dry the floor after showers and just leave the curtain to air dry

MelinProv
Explorer
Explorer
walked around it and found some water leaks and repaired them and cleaned up my Battery compartment.Its only holding a 80% charge the batts are 7 years old so I will get some new batteries soon and a new ( bigger ) solar panel.I also bought a med sized generator for the house when the power goes out but it has a RV plug so I tried it out and its faster than my small 1200 W special that I use for battery charging in the boonies even just plugged into the reg plug-maybe I need to get a new converter too

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
I added LED reading lights above the penthouse bed.. .I kept the florescent just in case.STAN'S MODS AND TRIPS

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a 2 inch memory foam topper for our bed from Sams Club for $99 a couple of weeks ago. Four pound memory foam. We love it and sleep better than we have in a couple of years. So, bought another one, queen size, and custom cut it to match the RT twin bed cushions. Then, wrapped it with some material and simply pinned the material on the bottom side and placed the memory foam pad on top of the existing RT bed cushions.

One queen equals two RT single beds with a couple inches left over to trim.

My hip bothers me after a strenuous day of hiking (can you spell AGE?) and this is really going to be a great answer. Did a google search for "cutting memory foam" and found that the best way to cut this stuff is with an electric kitchen knife. I was frankly surprised at just how well that worked. Couple of youtubes when you google that show how it is done.
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

goreds2
Explorer
Explorer
Cranking up my 2000 watt generator to get ready for dry camping on Saturday (friends private land). First time I had started this year (2 cranks). It had sea foam in it all winter. This generator has enough power for my 7100 BTU air conditioner.

Sportsman GEN154 2000 Watt 80cc Portable Generator

See Picture In My Profile
I have a 1989 Dodge XPLORER RV Class B - Purchased 10/15/10 IN CASH
Fiance' purchased a Class C 2002 Dynamax Carri-go on 5/1/15 IN CASH
We've got the best of both worlds

Roadtrekker2
Explorer
Explorer
Discovered that a rock (or BB gun bullet) made a hole in one of the skylights & shattered the glass (although it stayed in) in our 2004 RT last week. Ordered another glass for it and are still waiting for it to come to the glass store after a whole week......where did it go?

Davydd
Explorer
Explorer
I learned something about DEF for my Sprinter yesterday. When the warning light comes on to add Diesel Exhaust Fluid it requires about 2 gallons. You are supposed to get 8-10,000 miles before the warning light comes on. What I learned is that just shuts off the warning. 2 gallons does not top it off. About a 1,000 miles ago my warning light came on and I added 2 gallons. I decided before heading out again I would top it off to where I could see the fluid in the fill neck. So I bought 2-1/2 gallons thinking I'd probably need less than a gallon. I filled and I filled and I filled - all 2-1/2 gallons and still could not see the fluid in the fill neck. I looked on the ground. Dry. Still need more. DEF is fairly cheap. I paid $10 for 2-1/2 gallons.
Davydd
2021 Advanced RV 144 WB 2500 Class B
2015 Advanced RV Ocean One Class B

rdtaylor
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday (Sunday) went on a little 200 mile road trip with the niece and two nephews to my grandmother their great grandmother 93rd birthday celebration.

tuffcitytt
Explorer
Explorer
Continued my life long battle with my nemesis...the piezo lighter.

Johnworth914
Explorer
Explorer
Just replaced the missing rear hub cap on the passenger side rear on my 2003 Pleasureway Excel. Went to the Ford dealer... They wanted $145. Went online, saw it for $125. Then saw the link for "replica". Exactly like the oem, just without the Ford logo... $37. With free shipping. Ordered it tuesday, got it today. I don't need the ford logo for $100.
Alaska is next! Still trying to fit the pontoons to the RV so We can get to Hawaii!😄