cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What did you do to your Class C MH today???

Rich_Panganiban
Explorer
Explorer
This is always a fun thread to watch in other forums, so I thought I'd start one here.
2007 Jayco Greyhawk - Kodiak 32SS
'00 Subaru Outback Wagon
4,455 REPLIES 4,455

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
Went out and worked on my rebuild some today I wish it would warm up too Bill
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

woodworker414
Explorer
Explorer
Went out to the C,exercised the gen, sat and dreamed of the days past and the ones to come. Someday it will warm up.
Bill
Brenda and Bill
2020 Lance 1172, our traveling rig
2013 Heartland Landmark Mesa, 40', fifth wheel, we keep at our snowbird home in central FL, Bushnell, FL.
2014 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500HD, CC, 4x4, LB, duals, DuraMax

Jtroop1
Explorer
Explorer
Got the new mirrors from Hadley yesterday. The paint was flaking off on the elbows on the old ones. Hadley sent me a new set free. Found out from bukhrn that Hadley would do this. Thanks bukhrn!

Went to the rig to exercise the generator and run the engine for an hour. I thought about putting the new mirrors on but will wait for warmer weather. I can't wait for the spring to bring the rig home. I'm going to attempt to do a wass/wax, install the mirrors, put fresh caulking on all the roof and vertical seams in one weekend.
2010 Fleetwood Encounter 32BH

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear you like the mods 20anOut. I took the moho out today and clean as much snow off as I could. Have about 15 inches on the roof but decided I could just take it out on the freeway and it would blow off. Drove 20 miles much of it at 70 and virtually not a flake moved. So pushed as much off with brush as I can and it will have to melt when I head south. Exercised the generator using the electric heater and it got nice and toasty inside. Won't be long now. It is cold heading below zero again tonight.

20anOut
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up the motorhome today with the following mods done this week, Power & Suspension Mods - Steer-Safe, Roadmaster Rear Stabilizer, Bilstein Shocks, Rear Air bags, & Banks PowerPack System.

26 mile drive home on the Hwy isnโ€™t much of a test but very noticeable is the steering improvement with no rear end waggle, front end is responsive and smooth, if I didnโ€™t see the bumps and holes in the road I wouldnโ€™t have known I was driving over them the shocks are a major improvement. Transmission shift is smoother and less RPMS used but I didn't have the dinghy on. We will find out after xmas when we head to FL how the Banks system performs. Right now I am very happy with the mods.

nightowl_94536
Explorer
Explorer
Installed (single) piece 6" valve stems 20% bend, to rear dually inner, plus new outer wheel stems (facing outward), to make it easy to air up all 6 tires, from (www.duallyvalve.com).
I also installed "tire sentry" sending units so I can monitor tire pressure from the cab. The best mounting point for my Tioga 31W was the corner of the dash near the pillar. THESE WERE VERY BIG IMPROVEMENTS.

summerhouse
Explorer
Explorer
Wondered if the dealership has figured out the thermostat issue we dropped it off for nearly two weeks ago. They are convinced it is another faulty thermostat and are replacing it and then testing it for awhile to see if it resets itself to 72 degrees yet again. Hmmm...
โ€œLight hearted I take to the open roadโ€ฆ Healthy, free, the world before meโ€ฆ The long brown path before me leading me wherever I choose.โ€ - Walt Whitman

rcolman
Explorer
Explorer
Fixing roof leaks!!! Equalize charging the house batteries, and madly packing for we are leaving next Saturday for a month-long trip through the southwest.

Rick Colman

Ripsnort
Explorer
Explorer
I "winterized" meaning I prepared it for snow camping! Put the window insulation up (held in place by velco), loaded the chains, snow shovel, storage container with sand and Genturi generator exhaust system into the basement. Also added a new decal to the cab over.
Taking off for a 3 day ski trip over the holidays, and then an overnight trip every Fri/Sat in January for skiing.

oldtrucker63
Explorer
Explorer
I guess it will be spring before we get to take ours out, I ripped out the floor today Im right in the middle of a total rebuild and still having to much fun.
Without Trucks,....America Stop's

Jtroop1
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
Replaced the mirrors, all the paint flaked off the elbows on the arms, Hadley,the manufacturer, was nice enough to send me complete new ones free,even though they were out of warranty, dealer wanted roughly $168. to do it, after spazin out that I might break something, I decided to try it my self, pretty easy really, only 4 or 5 screws hold the inner door panel on. Feeling pretty good,that I accomplished something today.

The paint is flaking off mine too. Can you give me the information on who to contact? We probably have the same mirror model.

Jtroop1
Explorer
Explorer
It was nice out yesterday, clear skies, about 35 degrees. So, I went down to storage and took it out for a 25 mile drive. Oh, how I wanted to keep going and going and going....

tomkaren13
Explorer
Explorer
Put in a new toilet! The flush on the old one broke. Since it probably was the original in our 1999 Jayco we put in a new one rather than try to fix it.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Replaced the mirrors, all the paint flaked off the elbows on the arms, Hadley,the manufacturer, was nice enough to send me complete new ones free,even though they were out of warranty, dealer wanted roughly $168. to do it, after spazin out that I might break something, I decided to try it my self, pretty easy really, only 4 or 5 screws hold the inner door panel on. Feeling pretty good,that I accomplished something today.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

BJean
Explorer
Explorer
Took unit out for a drive and gas up. Cleaned out the back and repacked both front and back. Weighed the unit and found out that we are only 50 pounds under front but 650 under the rear on weight. Will be going to WI in 2 weeks for a couple of days then home for a short time and then leaving for the south.