cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where is EVERYONE??

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
I cannot believe with all the Class B's on the road and all the ones being built that this forum is so dead. I stop in every couple of days and nothing. A real shame as forums like the Truck camper section are so active and have so much great information.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks
48 REPLIES 48

omjones
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Full moon
I'm sitting here in beautiful downtown Pointe au Roche Ontario, freezing my buns
off in 28' weather. Oh well it's almost March and that means spring.
john 'I am Canadian'

fullmoonoversal
Explorer
Explorer
Just sitting here in Alaska, iced in, enjoying the winter. Anxious to go cross country again this spring.
2017 Coachmen Galleria

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
I guess I should check in too. Not much to report as of late, very few trips in the last 2 year and most of the problems are not worth posting. I do have a list of problems to attack once it warms up a little more. I did order a new Shurflo faucet a few days ago. It was dripping a couple of years ago and I fixed an o-ring in it and now the on off switch died so I decided it was time to replace it. Unfortunately most of the rest of the problems are wiring. Last time I found some wires chewed off and that may be the problem again. I have been fighting a mouse problem for a couple of years. I thought I found the hole they were getting in but they must have found another. I tried a mouse repellent but that doesn't seem to work. I keep a partial roll of toilet paper in one of the cabinets as an indicator if they are back since they seem to like to shred TP. I keep a couple of sticky traps in the same cabinet.

As far as FaceBook is concerned I don't like it either, but use my wife's account to read few things including a B forum. I usually find about one topic a week worth reading out of all that get posted. I just don't like the philosophy of FB, trying to have their gated community and harvesting all kinds of personal info.

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
pasusan wrote:
I guess I could've posted when I installed a couple of hooks to hang hats, shirts, etc. I could've taken some pictures and talked about it. Wasn't that exciting...

On some groups that would have been the most exciting thing in years.

For me the most annoying post is the one "Where do you go to the bathroom in your van" or "How I go to the bathroom in my van".

Seriously I really do not need to hear this and when you read it once do you really need to post it again and again????????
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
pasusan wrote:
I guess I could've posted when I installed a couple of hooks to hang hats, shirts, etc. I could've taken some pictures and talked about it. Wasn't that exciting...

Thanks for the giggle. Lots of that on FB which is much of the appeal of the format for the new people.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Well - I check in every morning looking for someone saying something. I don't have much to say myself as our B is tucked away for the winter. Even during the season I haven't said much as I mostly come here to respond to someone who needs help. I'm thinking a lot of B folks have been around for a while (we've tried all the other RVs and finally came to the RV that is best) who pretty much know what they're doing and don't need to come here for help.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
J herb wrote:
Photomike wrote:
J herb wrote:
Still here but been busy and not been up to posting,back problems and the passing of my best buddy ( Corgi Border Collie mix )who loved to go camping and anyplace that I went. Taking the van on a 275 mile trip north to get a high top ordered and installed when it comes in, than do a new build out.
We did a few trips last year to the coast and mountains and so far this year we gone to the coast with more trips coming.

Sorry to hear about your lost. I lost my travel companion of 15 years last November. Border Collie Rottweiler cross. The last couple of years I have had to stay close to home as her travel time was over. Arthritis in the hips made travel painful for her.

Photomike,
thank for the kind words and I'm sorry to hear about your lost and It's hard to go anywhere without thinking of my dog.
She also had arthritis in the hips and was on pain meds for over a year, she also died from a bad liver ( cancer ). Her last trip with us camping was in Oct.21 and died Jan 7th 22.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Sheโ€™s beautiful.

Thank You Reisender for the nice words, I miss her everyday, the house fells so empty without her.
J herb

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
" Well I donโ€™t use Facebook"... X-2, and don't want to, so I guess I'll just have to keep prowling here, and a couple other RV forums I visit.
But just a note that other forums use seems to be going the same as this one.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
gemsworld wrote:
I-Can-Am-Can-You wrote:
Thereโ€™s also a problem with every new poster being attacked and told โ€˜use the search functionโ€™. This site is most unwelcoming.

Probably the number one reason why this forum has been in its slow-death bed for a long time.

I haven't seen much of that on this branch of the forum.

I would say the number one reason is Facebook. You can find a group for nearly every model of class B. There will be dozens of owners with a rig exactly like yours... and probably with the same issues. This has been especially helpful for owners of Hymer/Roadtrek models and the growing pains of their unusual electrical systems. On a forum, you tend to have owners of multiple brands and systems... and half of the answers will not be relevant and are just confusing... especially with all the total newbies buying Class B's.

But generally speaking the Facebook system is a total pain in the backside to use because the same problems come up over and over, but last week's answers drift down the page quickly. There is a search option, but it is substandard. (I would estimate that for three years twice a week we had to explain how to correct the wiring error of Norcold on their fridges... speaking of companies with no quality control)

Sad to see the forum system die... but not much we can do to stop it.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

Community Alumni
Not applicable
I-Can-Am-Can-You wrote:
Thereโ€™s also a problem with every new poster being attacked and told โ€˜use the search functionโ€™. This site is most unwelcoming.

Probably the number one reason why this forum has been in its slow-death bed for a long time.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
J herb wrote:
Photomike wrote:
J herb wrote:
Still here but been busy and not been up to posting,back problems and the passing of my best buddy ( Corgi Border Collie mix )who loved to go camping and anyplace that I went. Taking the van on a 275 mile trip north to get a high top ordered and installed when it comes in, than do a new build out.
We did a few trips last year to the coast and mountains and so far this year we gone to the coast with more trips coming.

Sorry to hear about your lost. I lost my travel companion of 15 years last November. Border Collie Rottweiler cross. The last couple of years I have had to stay close to home as her travel time was over. Arthritis in the hips made travel painful for her.

Photomike,
thank for the kind words and I'm sorry to hear about your lost and It's hard to go anywhere without thinking of my dog.
She also had arthritis in the hips and was on pain meds for over a year, she also died from a bad liver ( cancer ). Her last trip with us camping was in Oct.21 and died Jan 7th 22.

Sorry to hear about your friend. Sheโ€™s beautiful.

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
Photomike wrote:
J herb wrote:

Photomike,

J herb

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
J herb wrote:

2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
J herb

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Well I donโ€™t use Facebook (recently retired computer security software guy) but Iโ€™m busy packing our B to head south for two months.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36