cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to Sell Motorhome?

CRetiree44
Explorer
Explorer
Althought I love my Jayco Seneca - I find I have to sell it.
Do you know if any of the people who advertise in motorhome magazines
to buy motorhomes are legit?
Would love feedback.
24 REPLIES 24

Olddud
Explorer
Explorer
I've used Ebay/paypal dozens of times, and have never been screwed, except for one time when the buyer came to pick up an item I had listed for cash only, then gave me a song and dance and asked to pay for $250 out of $2000 by check. I felt it would bounce, and it did. Since then, I will ONLY do paypal.

Would like to know what the problem with paypal is?? Anybody with facts?

endlesstravel
Explorer
Explorer
I've only used Ebay and Camping world, but from what I've researched these are the best websites to sell/buy:
1. Ebay
2. Camping World
3. RVT.com
4. RV Trader
5. oodle
6. GeneralRV
*You can also put up paper ads at your local RV campgrounds.
If you haven'y yet, use one of these camper pricing guides
Good luck!

discovery4us
Explorer
Explorer
Local paper and craigslist are good places to start. I would also check with any local RV dealerships, they are always looking for consignments and used inventory on there lot to pull people into the dealership. I sold my last FW to a local dealership for a touch less than I wanted but no hassle and cash in hand.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
az99 wrote:
Be VERY VERY cautious with FleaBay and anything to do with PayPal. There are a lot of scams using PayPal and you will find there really was no guarantee.
I really don't know why people spout this type of warning, without a fact to back it up. I have had eBay and Paypal accounts for 10+ years, have bought and sold big ticket items and NEVER had a problem with either. sure there are scammers out there, but most people can spot them a mile off and don't deal with them. I have found most problems with eBay or Paypal or self generated by the user, then blamed on anyone but themselves.

I've had problems with craigslist, but don't run around yelling chicken little to folks that want to use it.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Craigslist. In your hometown.

IMHO EBAY just brings out all the idiots across the states and other countries and then you have all the payment issues. JMHO

Also a real good place to advertise RV's and RV related items is Escapees. A full timer club that has a free classified listing page. You don't have to join the 'Escapees club' to use their classified forum. Just join the site to post for free. I have sold and bought many items from that web site to good honest RV'ers.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Those dealers that advertise they will buy your RV, will pay you 50% of trade value. Just had a friend pass away and his wife sold their 2003 DP motorhome that way. She got 3 offers, all within dollars of each other and all at the 50% figure I quoted.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Altern
Explorer
Explorer
az99 wrote:
Be VERY VERY cautious with FleaBay and anything to do with PayPal. There are a lot of scams using PayPal and you will find there really was no guarantee.
We have extensive use of Ebay/Paypal for years without problems as you describe. I really must disagree with such a broad statement without some sort of validity or is this just something you heard and are now parroting.

az99
Explorer
Explorer

The buyers advertising in magazines will give you 10% of what it is worth.

Check with some of your local motorhome dealers. Many will take consignment sales.

SpadMan
Explorer
Explorer
First place I'd list it would be craigslist.
2013 Ford F150 5.0 Lariat
2013 Trail-Lite Crossover 200S

ronfisherman
RV.Net does not allow selling or advertising of items.
Magazines are always a month away from when you want to list your MH.
List it on EBAY. Both buyer and seller have some protection there. Look at some of the listings already there to decided how to list yours.
If you do not belong to the Kodiak chassis forum listed in my signature. Join. You can mention you have it for sale and a email for buyers to reply.
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD