cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wireless toad lights

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have the wireless toad lights? I bought a new toad and they can't wire into the wiring harness without causing a lamp out light on the dash. So I bought the LED magnetic lights, and ran a wire under the toad to plug into the coach. This means I have to plug in two different plugs to get the lights to work, one into the coach and one at the rear of the toad to make the magnetic lights work.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with the wireless ones, and if that might me easier.

Thanks all!
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins
22 REPLIES 22

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would say there is definitely faulty wiring somewhere - however if budget permits... Wireless lights are great.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
I considered the wireless lights, but as you can see from the link somebody already posted, they aren't cheap. The ones in the above link are $395. Many of them seemed to have a long enough battery life for towing, but if you forgot to charge them you may find yourself without working lights.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
"C20".....I agree, I think you're being given some bad info. When you add a diode, it just sends power to the taillight from another power source. It can't feedback to the truck and shouldn't affect the truck wiring.

Another option, you can also add a bulb to the taillight lens if there is room. This way, the bulb is powered directly from your coach and still uses one plug at the front of the truck.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, i'll check that out. On all the other toads I had just put a plug at the front and plugged it into the RV and good to go. This seems to be a PITA! lol. I have to call them anyway about an issue I'm having with my braking system, so Monday i'm on it! Appreciate it
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
This is what I use:Tow Mate Wireless Tow Lights

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
I would call Roadmaster and check with their engineer.
Installing the diodes at the tailights should not effect the lamp outage system. It has not effected any of my vehicles.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

C20
Explorer
Explorer
The 2016 Dodge Eco Diesel. If you cut into the wiring harness the trailer place said you will ge a light out code, but they will work.
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Odd that you cannot hardwire the lights.
Which vehicle are you trying to install the lights?

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker