cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bacon Lovers Rejoice

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
As with anything, moderation is always good. But bacon, eggs and butter are no longer the bad guys.
A change of heart, cholesterol may not be as bad as once thought
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
10 REPLIES 10

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Just follow your grandmothers' mantra: :"Everything in moderation" and you should be good to go. Of course they hadn't heard about pink slime, MickeyD's and assorted other modern day travesties but since I'm still following the rest on their credo it's alll fine:D.

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Your body manufactures cholesterol. My brother is a vegan and has high blood cholesterol (the bad kind) while I eat butter, eggs and bacon and have low cholesterol. IMHO, only people with known heart disease need to restrict cholesterol in their diets.

A high-carb diet, though....not so good.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
A couple slices of bacon isn't going to kill you, but eating the entire pound at one sitting might. Anybody remember the "Atkins Diet"? You could eat two or three BLTS at one meal as long as you didn't use bread. The adult population suffers from the amount we eat. A one pound bag of potato chips isn't a single serving.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:
I know that all the bad stuff runs in my family and what I eat has little or no effect. Research shows that I will eventually die of something.

Truth! Genetics will play a bigger role in what kills you any thing else. Not saying you can do anything, but the rhetoric is more about grant money than science.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
I know that all the bad stuff runs in my family and what I eat has little or no effect. Research shows that I will eventually die of something.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
brirene wrote:
These are added, once again, to the long list of foods that have alternately been "proven" to be good, bad, sometimes good again, not necessarily in that order (Coffee, wine, chocolate, eggs, butter, whiskey, beer, etc.) In all things moderation.

X2!
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
These are added, once again, to the long list of foods that have alternately been "proven" to be good, bad, sometimes good again, not necessarily in that order (Coffee, wine, chocolate, eggs, butter, whiskey, beer, etc.) In all things moderation.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
As for this particular piece of news, I'd be careful of the source, and pay attention to the word 'may'
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah add that to a long list of items the so called scientifc community of "medical researchers" has gotten wrong and then think to yourself, "I wonder if all research scientists are this bad and can I really believe anything they say is true?" Then you are on your way to living a happier, simpler life by doing what you know to be true and proven out by your life experience.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, calories and inactivity are.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman