cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Gluten Free diet/Bread Machine

rothdieter08
Explorer
Explorer
My wife has to switch to a gluten free diet. Our bread machine does not do gluten free breads, so it is useless here with us in Texas. Anybody have any suggestions as to the best machine to buy?

Dieter Roth
Marjorie Roth
Sophia the dog
5 REPLIES 5

dgminer
Explorer
Explorer
Pamela bread mix can be made in a regular bread maker wife just made some last night it was great

rothdieter08
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you all for giving us your thoughts. My wife will make the right decision I think.

Dieter Roth

warrantyblues
Explorer
Explorer
Scharr also makes a good gluten free bread in either white or multi-grain that is not frozen. You can find it in the gluten free section at Walmart. I just posted a Basic Bread Recipe in another thread here. Check it out.

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
You should already have a pair of perfectly good bread makers... named Marjorie and Deiter! LOL. But seriously, I think all automated bread machines work about the same. Gentle heat while kneading and resting, followed by more heat while baking. The only difference would be, I guess some bread makers let you program in a custom baking cycle, so you can eliminate some kneading and allow for a baking soda/ quick bread type of rising action to supplement the yeast.

I would think that you also need a recipe which will provide the elasticity that usually comes with the gluten. Will this help? http://www.kingarthurflour.com/mixes/gluten-free-bread-mix.html That recipe adds baking powder. And here's another recipe that adds Xanthan Gum, and it should work with your regular baking cycle: Allrecipes
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

Colo_Native
Explorer
Explorer
I too am Gluten free and I just buy bread from the store it is a lot easier than making it. I really like Glutino or Rudis, Udis is alright but prefer the two
2015 Winnebago Forza 34T
pushed by a 2011 Fusion Hybrid or 2020 Escape Hybrid
Retired DFD