cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I'm craving....

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
Creamed eggs on toast. Isn't that nuts? Haven't had that in decades. My grandmother and mother used to make it. Nothing fancy, a white sauce, and sliced hard boiled eggs on buttered toast.
Maybe with a side of real (not canned) corned beef hash.
I had my last chemo cycle a week ago. Maybe it's got something to do with that....
28 REPLIES 28

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
I'd rather have ham and eggs.
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL

CA_POPPY
Explorer
Explorer
Mom said I gagged the first time she tried to feed me an egg and nothing ever changed. Not an allergy, just a horrible aversion because they tried to force me to eat them. You know the old, "You're not leaving the table until...." :E but I do love quiche, custard, etc. Go figger.
Judy & Bud (Judy usually the one talking here)
Darcy the Min Pin
2004 Pleasure-Way Excel TD
California poppies in the background

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
I made the corned beef hash, but I put it in an omelet. I have to hard boil some eggs tonight for the creamed eggs on toast.

Texas_Roadrunn1
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations, you deserve creamed eggs on toast, enjoy!!!

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
SWMO wrote:
Well once again I realize I was shorted as a child, I never got a poached egg!:B

Believe me, you ain't missed nothing.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

SWMO
Explorer
Explorer
s1214 wrote:
While I've never had creamed eggs on toast, I understand the craving. I've been using the egg substitutes and egg whites in a little milk carton container. I still have cravings for a good hard boiled egg.

I hear you. We do egg whites, like Egg Beaters, 5 or 6 times a week, but I have to throw in a whole egg once or twice a week.
2009 Dodge 3500 Laramie, DRW, 4X4, auto, 6.7L, B & W Companion.
Jayco Designer 34RLQS, Mor/Ryde

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
While I've never had creamed eggs on toast, I understand the craving. I've been using the egg substitutes and egg whites in a little milk carton container. I still have cravings for a good hard boiled egg.

DebsDad
Explorer
Explorer
I make creamed eggs on toast a lot. It was a recipe I got in 7th grade home ec class. We still love it. Its great at Easter to use up all those hard boiled eggs. Pat

Bo-man
Explorer
Explorer
Mom used to make chip beef on toast, made when milk was delivered with cream on top of the bottle, man it was good, rich, but gooood!!!Sometimes had sliced hard boiled eggs too!!! Think I need to make some but will use reg. milk and some half and half!!!! for the sauce! :B

SWMO
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:
When I was a kid, whenever one of us got ill, mom would put a piece of toast in a bowl with a poached egg and hot milk. I don't remember it tasting that good then so don't have any rush to try it again. LOL! God be with you bud!

Well once again I realize I was shorted as a child, I never got a poached egg!:B
2009 Dodge 3500 Laramie, DRW, 4X4, auto, 6.7L, B & W Companion.
Jayco Designer 34RLQS, Mor/Ryde

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
When I was a kid, whenever one of us got ill, mom would put a piece of toast in a bowl with a poached egg and hot milk. I don't remember it tasting that good then so don't have any rush to try it again. LOL! God be with you bud!
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
swtgran wrote:
Good for all of you survivors. I have watch some close friends battle the disease and it is not the easy thing to go through.

If you want something special, you should go for it.

At least this Christmas, you may be up to baking those gazillion cookies, like you used to. terry r.

Amen! They are for charity, mostly!

The_Dunks
Explorer
Explorer
Congratulations Leo!
My Mom made something similar . She called it " new mowed hay". It was toast with chopped hard boiled eggs and then white gravy poured over top. Served with a side of fried Spam, ham or bacon, whichever we had. It was one of my favorite breakfast for dinner meals.
The Dunks - Terry and Steve
'05 Endeavor - The Oasis
'10 Jeep Liberty
In God We Trust

xzyHollyxyz
Explorer
Explorer
A BIG congratulations on finishing your chemo!! Glad to read that.

Goldenrod Eggs (what you described) were one of my husband's favorites. I haven't made them since he died. Thanks for the reminder!! ๐Ÿ˜‰
2015 Fun Finder 189FDS
2013 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4x4