cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

pellet smokers/grills

down_home
Explorer II
Explorer II
Found one at CW, 349.00 or 399.00 and Lowes 299.00 that you can sit on a table or soemthing. Strikes me as cheap materials high cost.
All pellet smokers/grills seem to be made of gold.
So, anyone found a great one, stout as a steel beam, that won't burn up or out? Can plug it into electrical outlet in bays so battery not real necessity.
11 REPLIES 11

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
This will be my cooking station this summer. I added a bolt on hitch receiver to the rear bumper and using the hillbilly basket as a working surface.

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Green Mountain Davy Crocket smoker stored. Note alternate table top legs/springs. Operates on 12V DC or 120V AC.

Deployed and ready. Note: I sometimes remove it and use the main legs.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
Green Mountain Davey Crockett model here. Folds up enough so it will fit in your bay.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Although larger than I'd like to tote camping, I found the Rec Tec mini ideal. Quality of construction durability and functionality is above the others on the market. Their service is second to none. They do really stand behind their product, regardless in or out of warranty.
And pellet smoking is the best!!!
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Rolling_Condo
Explorer
Explorer
lm17 wrote:
Also, Check out the Green Mountain Grill Davey Crockett. I just got one and seems to be what you're looking for.

I've had one for three years. Love it. Really nice that it works off of 12V.
'90 GMC R2500 7.4L w/ Gear Vendor OD
'90 Avion 34V
Cummins Onan P4300ie
Pro Pride 3P
Prodigy

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
Another vote for the GMG Davey Crockett, we love ours.
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

tchil
Explorer
Explorer
Camp Chef makes a good one as well. I love my full size camp chef smoker and use it for everything.
Ty
2018 Ram Cummins Mega
2007 Ragen Blackhawk 36-05

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
The Davey Crockett is my camping smoker and love it.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Charbroil electric smoker at home which is too big and bulky to carry with us. I bought a Carpathen smoker tube that works great. There are other brands that are similar and probably work as good.
I use it in the smoker since it burns more efficiently and works much better than the smoker box that came with the Charbroil. If you load it up full with pellets it will smoke for 8+ hours. When done there are only a few ashes left. Or fill it partially to smoke as long as you need.
Great for cold smoking cheese and other stuff also.
I'll be bringing it along to turn my Weber Q into a smoker.
Cheap and works great to smoke in any kind of bbq. You can use it and adjust your temperature using the bbq.
http://carpathen.com

lm17
Explorer
Explorer
Also, Check out the Green Mountain Grill Davey Crockett. I just got one and seems to be what you're looking for.
2016 Forest River Forester 2801QSF Class C

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Trager Tailgater and love it. The legs fold up and I can slide into the basement of our fifth wheel. I purchased it off a fellow Rv'r who went full time and didn't have enough room for all of his stuff. Paid $200 and it was two years old. Going on four years now and works great.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian