cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2006 Duramax with Bose XM radio, add Android Player?

Bull_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2006 Duramax with the Bose XM/Onstar radio, CD player combo. We want to be able to play podcasts from the Droid Bionic over the radio speakers Currently there's no Axillary connection to allow connecting the phone to the radio.

I'm not interested in an FM modulator, I had one of those before in a different truck and it was a pain to continually have to change FM stations from town to town.

I stopped by the local Car Audio shop and they said that I would need an interface adapter for about $150.00 plus installation that would provide a connection to plug the Bionic into the radio system.

Anyone have any input? Thanks in advance.
If you receive help from other members, don't forget to update your topic with the results.
4 REPLIES 4

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
The install was not bad at all, but I have a history with installing car stereo's many years ago so I'm not afraid to pull on a dash panel to remove it 🙂 You pull the trim around the dash, remove the four 7mm (I think) bolts holding the radio in and you are there.
After you have the radio out, there is a connector in the back in the mess of wires. You undo that connection and plug the 2 plugs into this device. You have to find a switched 12v wire behind the dash, they list one but if memory serves the color they mentioned in the directions was not correct. I found another and tapped into it. The biggest thing is the switch go go between XM and this device. If you currently use your XM radio you will need access to this toggle switch to change from the aux input back to your XM signal.
All of this might make more sense once you actually saw it. Total install time was probably less than 45 minutes if I had to guess. I was doing other things at the time so not sure an exact time.
I do have the steering wheel controls for volume\source\and prog but nothing specific to XM on the steering wheel.
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

Bull_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the feedback.. Helmsey, how was the installation? Do you have the steering wheel controls for the radio? XM?
If you receive help from other members, don't forget to update your topic with the results.

Helmsey
Explorer
Explorer
This is what I am using for mine: Clicky

The reviews on amazon are mixed but I have had great luck with mine in the last 18 months I have been using it.
KK4PFX
2015 Chevy 3500HD LTZ Dually
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ

crickeydog
Explorer
Explorer
Yep!!! Several years ago, we upgraded the OEM in dash system to a Kenwood system and added an in dash video/navigation system to our 06 Sierra (see sig). DW got tired of sitting in the back seat to watch movies on the road.:R Spend the $150 for the Droid adapter. It's worth it. I really like my back-up camera too!! GM was a little behind in 2006.

Happy camping!!! See y'all down the road!!!:)
USAF RETIRED 02/1992
DOD RETIRED 04/2014

D/W US GOV/DOJ/DEA RETIRED 10/2010

PULL DOG:
2006 GMC 3500 CC DRW D/A LBZ 4X4 SLT

2004 HOLIDAY RAMBLER PRESIDENTIAL 30' SCD 5'ER