cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2104 Silverado LTZ - Bluetooth question

sh410
Explorer
Explorer
My next door neighbor is having a problem with his older flip phone and the bluetooth hands free phone connection.

In his AT&T local area he can use his phone thru the bluetooth hookup, but out of his local area it will not work. He can then use phone not useing handsfree. He also has a 2013 Silverado plus a 2011 Lexus SUV that his flip phone works with out issue thru the bluetooth system anywhere.

His local Chev Dealer, after "checking" with GM said that the 2014 needed to have a phone compatible with G4 in order to work with the Bluetooth hands free system.

I have little knowledge about phone systems, but I can't uderstand why he can use the flipphone handsfree locally but not out of his area only in the 2014 silverdo.

Help me understand.
4 REPLIES 4

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Flip phone works with 2 vehicles but not a third?. Thinking something is wrong. Wife and I have flip phones and both are 2 years old. After I start my 2013 Chevy 2500 or my 2014 Impala, the dash will chime and when I look down it tells me that Blue Tooth is enabled and I receive my calls through the vehicle. Incoming calls show the phone number and name. Salesman paired my flip phone to my truck but I paired it to my car. Perhaps it is not paired correctly. Maybe the owners manual will help if he has not checked it yet. I have Verizon.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

CKNSLS
Explorer
Explorer
He needs a new phone phone. Either his carrier will be happy to sell him one-or Walmart has some very cheap plans and phones.

His phone is so old it can't even take advantage of the new networks.

As far as working with his truck.....I don't know.

sh410
Explorer
Explorer
96Bounder30E wrote:
Moved from tech Issues to Technology Corner

OPPs and thank you!

96Bounder30E
Explorer II
Explorer II
Moved from tech Issues to Technology Corner
Eric
96 Bounder 30E-F53(460)