cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Activating 211z receiver question

jeffo
Explorer
Explorer
I have hooked my 211z to my home dish and downloaded updated software. Now I am to the screen that says "call to activate receiver"
Should I call now or wait until it is hooked to my Tailgater? I already have a dish account so a I assume they can add this to my account for $7 a month.

Jeff
2013 Thor Daybreak 32HD
6 REPLIES 6

Wizard_1946
Explorer
Explorer
My receiver has to be reactivated any time its not used for an extended period, I think about 2 months
Jerry
2000 Journey 36G
2006 Explorer 4X4

Nothing I've got to do and all day to do it :B

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Do not wait, call now. Unless you don't plan to use this receiver in the near future you will have a better experience activating the receiver while connected to your home antenna.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Back to the OP's question...we waited to activate the receiver until we were setup camping.

Everything hooked up called the 800# for Dish and the RV tech had us up and running in no time at all.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

mrnoyb
Explorer
Explorer
Deleted

jeffo
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks BB, I will, it is way too windy right now to try the tailgater. It seems like the tailgater will catch a lot of wind. Some say they set them on the roof, I would be afraid it would blow off if not fastened down some way.
2013 Thor Daybreak 32HD

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Wait until it is hooked to the Tailgater so you can verify it becomes active while still on the line with the dish rep.
Confirm with the rep you want to add it to your home account.