cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Advise on Satellite choice

Mimz1
Explorer
Explorer
We recently sold our house and are living in our 5th wheel. We can't decide what kind of satellite to purchase. We have a 2014 Palomino Condo. Hookup for satellite and cable are on hookup panel. We're going to be in the same spot for 3 months. Please advise.
33 REPLIES 33

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unless you get a home style dish (either ground mounted tripod (cheap!) or roof mounted automatic (expensive!) then your choices with both services have limitations. With the dome style automatic antennas you cannot receive ANY of the DTV HD programming. If you can get by with the SD version then you will be OK. With Dish you can receive HD but the dome can only "see" 1 of the 3 satellites at a time so using a 2nd receiver or a DVR will usually cause issues.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
Be advised that your antenna choices to get Direct TV HDTV is limited, where with Dish you have a much wider range/style of dishes that receive HDTV.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
check out who has packages/channels/etc. you desire. if NFL $$$$ you need direct AIR. I've had dish for 20 some years and am satisfied.
bumpy

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
I vote DirecTV. For ease, you can get a roof-top dome, automatic aim dish ($$$) or go with the basic dish, tripod, strength meter and compass. ($100?).

Remember once you're under trees and such, a rooftop is more or less useless.

Research and investigate. g'luck !