cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone use Fototime for photo hosting?

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like Fototime has been down for a week and may be gone for good.
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos
45 REPLIES 45

Bummer.....
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
FotoTime
On March 10, due to circumstances beyond our control, FotoTime suffered a catastrophic outage. This outage effected both the infrastructure and data. Regretably, due to this outage, FotoTime has ceased operations.

We would like to thank all of our customers for supporting us all of these years. This difficult decision to cease operations was the only option available to us.
Wake Up America

AsheGuy wrote:
RV.NET Photo Upload & Post does just that for a photo downloaded to your PC from Google Photos.

Yes, I know. I wrote it.

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
1492 wrote:
AsheGuy wrote:
I use Google Drive for all non-photo document needs, but I just don't understand what Google Drive brings to photos. I guess I am dense, but Google Photos meets ALL my photo needs. In either case, the photos are in the Google Cloud and the two apps are just the tools Google offers to manage/access them.

The question I was addressing is whether one can post a photo to appear in a forum post? Can you do so with Google Photos? Not just a link to the photo in your Google Photos account? I don't see where they provide a direct embed link?
No, you can't get a direct imbed link from Google Photos that will result in the photo being a part of the RV.NET post. But RV.NET Photo Upload & Post does just that for a photo downloaded to your PC from Google Photos.
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

AsheGuy wrote:
I use Google Drive for all non-photo document needs, but I just don't understand what Google Drive brings to photos. I guess I am dense, but Google Photos meets ALL my photo needs. In either case, the photos are in the Google Cloud and the two apps are just the tools Google offers to manage/access them.

The question I was addressing is whether one can post a photo to appear in a forum post? Can you do so with Google Photos? Not just a link to the photo in your Google Photos account? I don't see where they provide a direct embed link?

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
AsheGuy wrote:
In either case, the photos are in the Google Cloud and the two apps are just the tools Google offers to manage/access them.
Thanks. Great info.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
1492 wrote:
Regarding posting Google Drive photos, I used the browser's developer tools to find the URL link.

However, there may be an easier way. A search found this tool that reports to convert a Google Drive photo link to a URL link you can use to post photos.

Just note that since Google is not providing the URL hotlink directly, they could change the link method used to access the photos at any time.

Information on the subject: Google Drive vs. Google Photos: What's the difference?
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

2oldman wrote:
Thanks, but I mean display it on here sans links. 1492 did it but I'll be darned if I can figure out how.

Regarding posting Google Drive photos, I used the browser's developer tools to find the URL link.

However, there may be an easier way. A search found this tool that reports to convert a Google Drive photo link to a URL link you can use to post photos.

Just note that since Google is not providing the URL hotlink directly, they could change the link method used to access the photos at any time.

Sample Google Drive photo using the above app (https://drive.google.com/uc?id=1nAYngkZNrW64lGp7R6dvhNYiURaSR_qI๐Ÿ˜ž

Gdetrailer wrote:

Actually, you can use the RV.net photo posting is great for other websites..

Please do not use this for other websites. This app was meant for only this forum to help members who were struggling to include photos in their posts. The photo posting process here is so annoying even to myself, I decided to quickly put this together one night.

IMGUR.com sets a daily limit on the number of uploads using their API, and requires a request to increase the limit if they are exceeded. If the this app is not working on some occasions, it could be due to the daily limit being exceeded.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gdetrailer wrote:
:R

Read the TOS..
Everything is backed up. Settle down.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
BradW wrote:
Thanks, but I'm going with a big name photo hosting site this time.
Which one? I didn't know there were any 'big names' in that business. ๐Ÿ™‚

Gdetrailer wrote:
2oldman wrote:
BobsYourUncle wrote:
I'm going to check it out and figure out how to do it.
Thanks!
See if you can display a google image here.

See if you can access from my links, here is some PDFs from my Google shared docs folder..

Homemade wire lugs..

Click HERE

My TT Rebuild PDF..

HERE

My 8700W gen sound test video (for those folks thinking the muffler is where the sound comes from)

HERE

If you can open up my PDF and video links, pix files will be no issue..

You do not "need" to use Google pix for sharing pictures either.. Just use the Google drive and set for sharing..

May take a couple of tries to get it working as it isn't 100% obvious on how to do it.. Thought about making a doc to show how it is done but by the time I would get it posted Google would most likely have changed how to set it up..

Yes, your links all work fine.
Thanks for the pointers.
2007 GMC 3500 dually ext. cab 4X4 LBZ Dmax/Allison - 2007 Pacific Coachworks Tango 306RLSS
RV Rebuild Website - Site launched Aug 22, 2021 - www.rv-rebuild.com

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gdetrailer wrote:

Actually, you can use the RV.net photo posting is great for other websites..

You can copy entire URL from that app, then remove the RV.net forum specific parts. which is the beginning part where you see the brackets..

So what you would see as " bracket IMG bracket" at the beginning and " bracket /img bracket " at the end you can remove and now you have a photo usable on other websites.

So, a jpg I posted using the RV.net app would now look like this once I remove the RV.net formating..

https://i.imgur.com/cc5OEwzl.jpg

And it does work just by dropping that address above into your browser..

Thanks, but that wouldn't work for me; too slow, too cumbersome. That might work for a photo or two, but I sometimes batch upload 100's of photos at one time. I also need to be able to set up albums with specific photos in it. Plus, rv.net could cut that off the ability to post photos on their web site on another forum at any time. Most forums which host photos already do that.
Wake Up America

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
BradW wrote:
I need an easy solution that works on any forum, not just the rv.net forum.
ImageEvent should do it for you.

Thanks, but I'm going with a big name photo hosting site this time.
Wake Up America