RV Must Haves
Have a product you cannot live without? Share it with the community!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Ham radio installation

cross posted from Class A forumI'm looking at a 2016 Thor ACE 30.1, so of course the more directly comparable your experience is the more eager I am to hear from you. But general tips and hints are certainly welcome as well. Where/how to mount radios...

k6ncx by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

DIRECTV DNS service

For those of you who have Distant Network Service (DNS) with Directv have you had a problem with changing from New York service to Los Angeles service or vice versa when changing time zones? We are heading west and wanted to change from NY to LA bu...

lostdog by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Jensen JRV212T Blank Screen

I removed the coach batteries to repaint the compartment and when I switched the battery switch back on my Jenson dash radio screen is blank. I can hear static in the speakers that can be raised and lower with the volume knob, and I was able to put i...

jeffo by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

How to aim portable Dish Network satellite

We have a new Dish service with the automatic Winegard on our roof. We have an extra dish and tripod for if we end up parked under a tree. When we had DTV we knew how to get to the screen that you entered the zip code to get headings but I can't fin...

DC_MC by Explorer III
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 Anniversary Edition SIZE

Don't want to get the whole debate going again. Just looking for the size of the update. I have been saving up my Roll-over data to do this update but not sure how much data to expect this update to use. Any idea? Thank you for your help and keep...

ATT doing away with satellite TV

Previously I posted that in five years most people will get television over the Internet. Today ATT announced that they intend to do away with Direct TV and satellite TV by 2020 And provide tv over the Internet. I wish I could predict stocks like tha...

hpdrver by Explorer
  • 24 replies
  • 0 likes

Really Happy With My New Garmin GPS

I got my new Garmin (RV 760LMT w/ backup camera) and am really pleased with the way it operates! I have thrown my old TomTom in the trash. TomTom's software is so glitch and not well thought out, plus their customer service sucks!Now to get the bac...

Streaming Video from RV Park Wi-Fi

I have to ask this after reading comments of RVParkReviews...how many RV'ers actually expect to get Streaming Video service from a Park's free Wi-Fi? Comments like, "I couldn't stream my NET Flix on the Wi-Fi" so I don't like the park or give the pa...

Windows 10 - Anniversary Edition?

After taking several months of getting familiar with Windows 10, yesterday one of my computers upgraded itself to Windows 10 Ver 1607 which I assume is the Anniversary Edition??? It took forever to complete but I was never asked if I even wanted to ...

DD716TED by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

How to store my Winegard Pathway X2 during road travel?

Hi,I just purchased a Winegard Pathway X2 portable satellite antenna. While on the road I will set the antenna on the carpet at rear of our 5th wheel. With the slideout IN for travel there is space for the antenna. It just fits with about 3/4 inch to...

GlennB by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Time for new satellite antenna?

We have Dish Network in our 5th-wheel. Receiver is a VIP-211z (2 yrs old) and the antenna is a Tailgater (about 5 yrs old).For the past 2 years I cannot receive in HD mode. (Note: when receiving via OTA antenna I get HD just fine.) I wonder if the pr...

GlennB by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Antenna delema

So I have a piece of private property with one of my campers on it. I'm in the middle of putting a large "pavilion" style roof over it. It has a metal roof so the antenna isn't working so good any more. I have put up a 25 foot pole with a rotator on ...

Trouble receiving directv channels with hr24 reciever

Hello,Being a complete newbie to satellite tv, I recently switched to directv in my home hoping I could figure out how to set up a system in my rv. I got the usual genie and mini genies for the house, and had them also bring an hr24 receiver to use w...

rbreak by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes