cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best tv options for travel trailer

Dave_DianT
Explorer
Explorer
We have dishnetwork hopper at home. Our trailer has a 19 in 12v tv. Have thought about getting a hoppergo,but im not sure i can cast or mirror screen from the dishanywhere app on my tablet if we were to get a hoppergo.we dont need live tv but would be nice to watch some of our weekly shows from our dvr.we will not have any internet access .
1 REPLY 1

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We get our live TV fill just fine when camping off-grid by using our OTA BATWING antenna to pick up the local town high def TV signals over the NATIONAL BROADCAST network which is free to use by the public. We used to drag around all of SAT TV units from the house and watch SAT TV when setup but in 2009 when the National Broadcast Network came out with High Def Digital TV we just stopped bring along the SAT TV items from the house DIRECTV account. The National Broadcast now uses the high def HDTV signals which was much better than the standard format TV signals we got from SAT TV...

When we at regular camp grounds with hook-ups we use their CABLE TV FREE hookup...

Always manage to keep up with NCIS everywhere we go haha... Also being in a POPUP trailer it is very important to keep track of the local weather conditions. The OTA FREE TV SIGNALS from the local towns seems to always have a live RADAR channel going 24/7

We also bring along some MOVIES to watch when we are in an area with no TV to watch...

This is our OTA BATWING setup using our OFF-ROAD POPUP trailer...

Roy's image

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS