cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bluetooth question

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
I'm trying to figure out ( maybe learn) why a phone app will work on Samsung bluetooth but not on a motorola bluetooth. Can anyone explain why there would be a difference?
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD
24 REPLIES 24

MoisesSpinka
Explorer
Explorer
I have encountered the same issue some days before and the task which I have done, I update the Bluetooth device driver. After updating it, the problem got solved.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not all Blue tooth adapters play well with all the others
Think of them like dogs and cats

Generally Dogs eat most anyting

Cats are trained to be "Finikey"
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi mr.ed.

Yes Android 6 is too old now. I wonder if the 10" could have a new OS installed.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Bluetooth keyboard I use with my iPad. It also works on an 8" Android tablet, but my 10" Android tablet won't "see" it.I'm not particularly concerned, though, because I use the keyboard exclusively for my iPad. It's just a curious thing that one Android tablet connects just fine and the other won't. Maybe has to do with the particular version; the 8" tablet is Android 11, whereas the 10" one is Android 6. Just taking a guess. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
I just find it interesting that the signia's only work with Samsung, Google and 2 other brands that I never heard of out of all the brands of cell phones that are available.
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Romer1 wrote:
UPDATE

Got the app to work thru bluetooth so I can control the aids, but still cannot stream the phone to them. Any ideas?

Well at least they paired and you can now control them, but..

As per my other post..

Motorolas are not on their "compatible" list which means some or all needed hardware/firmware required by your aids APP in the BT modules may not exist. Sort of depends on what BT radio manufacturers the phone manufacturer decides to use and not all BT hardware and firmware has all the latest greatest features which may be required for your APP to work correctly.

I suspect they may not be on the supported list because Motorola phones may not have all of the BT hardware/firmware required to support the addition streaming feature.

Basically a hardware issue with the phone.

If that is the case, then not much you can do, not like you can pry the phone open and swap the BT module with one that supports all of the features of your aids..

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
I just got new hearing aids from the VA about 2 months ago - they are Signia brand and the connect to my Samsung Galaxy S20FE phone with no problem. When I got them my audiologist took the time to call Signia to verify that they were compatible. The 4 year old Signias that they replaced needed an external pendant to talk to my phone - I kind of prefer that because to answer a call I just had to push a button on the pendant; now I have to retrieve my phone and swipe the screen to answer a call.

These new ones also talk to a small streaming box that is connected to my TV set so I don't have to have the TV volume up at ear-splitting levels anymore!
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Romer1 wrote:
UPDATE

Got the app to work thru bluetooth so I can control the aids, but still cannot stream the phone to them. Any ideas?

Is that an option with the app? I can control my hearing aids with the Oticon app, but there is no option to stream to them. Apple phones are about the only ones that natively will stream to most hearing aids.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Romer1 wrote:
At the bottom of the page above they also state..

Mobile devices compatible with the Signia app 2.5.10 and higher:

Apple devices: The Signia app is compatible with all Apple devices with the iOS version 13.0 and higher.
Android devices: The Signia app is compatible with most of the Android devices (Android 8.0 and higher) ."

So, in order to get the APP to work, you are most likely going to have to find a older APP version..

On edit..

Forgot to mention, Motorola phones are not on their "supported" list..

I am taking the above to mean they are compatible with Android 8

Not necessarily so.

Reread..

"Android devices: The Signia app is compatible with most of the Android devices (Android 8.0 and higher) ."

The key word is MOST, not "all", not "some", sort of like the old marketing term of "One size fits all" which meant rarely does it fit all sizes correctly or well.

To get it "compatible" with droid 8-10 one would need to locate the version which is LOWER than 2.5.10.

However, I suspect that will bring about a new problem.. IF the latest aids are using features which are only supported in the 2.5.10 or higher APP, the lower version of the APP most likely will not be able to access some or all of the aids settings or features..

You would have to find out exactly what the minimum APP version as to what will fully work with your new aids and if you can even get a lower version (most APP writers no longer allow older versions to exist online, instead they remove it so it is no longer available).

Honestly, Android 8-10 are obsolete, developers have moved on and Android 11 is where most Apps are being developed now.

Additionally, Motorolas are not on their "compatible" list which means some or all needed hardware/firmware required by your aids APP in the BT modules may not exist. Sort of depends on what BT radio manufacturers the phone manufacturer decides to use and not all BT hardware and firmware has all the latest greatest features which may be required for your APP to work correctly.

If you know someone with a tablet of one of the manufacturers on the list, perhaps see if you can pair it to the borrowed tablet..

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer
UPDATE

Merrill (KC9NPT)
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD

Romer1
Explorer
Explorer

Apple devices: The Signia app is compatible with all Apple devices with the iOS version 13.0 and higher.
Android devices: The Signia app is compatible with most of the Android devices (Android 8.0 and higher) ."

So, in order to get the APP to work, you are most likely going to have to find a older APP version..

On edit..

I am taking the above to mean they are compatible with Android 8
Merrill (KC9NPT)
2014 Chev Equinox LT AWD

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Bluetooth gadgets can connect with only one device at a time. They might have connected to another phone/device on their own.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Romer1 wrote:
fj12ryder wrote:
Romer1 wrote:
No it's actually a hearing aid app to control the hearing aids volume, etc.

I would think Bluetooth would be standard acroos phones.
What brand? I have the Oticon app and it works with my Samsung S7. But don't know about Motorola. It may depend on the version of Android on the phone.

They're Signia aids and their app, just won't make bluetooth connection my motorla with android 8 or wife's motorola with android 10. She has phonak's that work well on her phone.

To old of Android version for APP version, that is the problem..

SIGNIA APP REQUIREMENTS

"
Android devices:

With Signia Augmented Xperience (AX) devices, it is now also possible to stream directly to Android devices via the ASHA (Audio Streaming for Hearing Aids) standard.

ASHA-supported devices:
Android 11 or higher is recommended
"

"

On edit..

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

How old are the phones. I have one from 2019. A samsung A8. It will no longer run some apps. There are MANY flavors of Android, and different flavors of Blue Tooth as well.

It makes the companies millions when software ages out.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.