cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Carry out GM 1518

skyflyer
Explorer
Explorer
I have Direct tv. My reciever is model H25 made 7/4/12.

I understand I will not get HD channels with the Carryout GM-1518 but will I pick up standard channels with this combo or would I have to get a non HD reciever?

If this combo works what if any settings would I need to change?
2016 Grey Wolf 26RR
2016 chevy Silverado
10 REPLIES 10

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
No worries there skyflyer. The check's in the mail! :W
"Why did I wait so long?" Who hasn't said that about 100 times in our lives!:D
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

skyflyer
Explorer
Explorer
I used the carry out last week and was very happy. Set up was a breeze. Why did I wait so long?

By the way I think I should get a comission because I'm pretty sure I helped sell three Carry outs to other campers!!
2016 Grey Wolf 26RR
2016 chevy Silverado

skyflyer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies,just got back from Council Bluffs (Camping World) about a 6 hour round trip.

I plan to camp this week starting Wednesday or Thursday and didnt want to wait on the mail. ๐Ÿ™‚

I will let everyone know how it goes.
2016 Grey Wolf 26RR
2016 chevy Silverado

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, the H23 will do just fine. I know you understand that you will only receive the SD programming but that will work. You will want to follow the receiver setup instructions before plugging in the Carryout and then you will want to go to menu>display>preferences and select Hide all HD so the receiver will display SD channels only.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

skyflyer
Explorer
Explorer
OK I have a different model receiver to check.
Would H23-600 work?
2016 Grey Wolf 26RR
2016 chevy Silverado

82corvette
Explorer
Explorer
hottubkid wrote:
Also with dish net youneed a vip 211 or a vip222 reciever to make the carryout work
No you don't. I use an old Dish 300 & it works great.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
hottubkid wrote:
Also with dish net youneed a vip 211 or a vip222 reciever to make the carryout work

That is not at all true. The Winegard Carryout will work with nearly every Dish Network or DirecTV receiver.
The King Dome Tailgater has a number of receiver restrictions and that might be what you were thinking of (except that the 222 will not work with the Tailgater).

hottubkid
Explorer
Explorer
hottubkid60193@yahoo.com
2004 SOUTHWIND 36E Tow 2003 CRV

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The H25 receiver is a special receiver that requires the DirecTV SWM hardware and the Carryout does not have this technology.
The DirecTV Genie receiver (HR34 and HR44) also require this technology.
If you have some other receiver, HD or SD, that would work with the Carryout. If you do not have any other receiver available you will need to add a SWM8 kit between your Carryout and your receiver to make it operate correctly.

filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
I believe that all you need to do is remove what I think are called the B blocks from the cable inputs and program the SD channels.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.