cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish Satellite RV Package

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone use this? How does it work? Satisfied with the service? We are originally from the Midwest (IL) and currently have Direct-TV (up to $86/month)and would like to switch, but we want to continue to get FoxSports-MW. We are currently in Texas, so would need to shipped here. Thanks for any Information!

Lynn and Carol
12 REPLIES 12

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Pathway X2 and a 411k receiver from Dish. It works well and I get hidef to the TVs. You are not purchasing an RV package. You purchase the receiver and have it put on your account so you can use it.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

Denny___Jami
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
There is no such thing as an RV only account. There is a pay as you go (PAYG) account which allows you to turn the service on and off. If you use a receiver at home and in your RV you will usually be better off with a standard account. There is also nothing special or different about the Dish channel line up that would be RV related. It's all the same, just a different way of paying for the same service.

When I changed from our house account to our RV only account 5 years ago we no longer have a home address, all billing is paperless and our billing address can be anywhere we want, sometime it gets changed with our locals and sometime it doesn't. I know where to change it to eliminate sales tax if I want. We also have the month to month option but we haven't used it yet. If you have a RV only account it's easier to change locals because they know you have no ties to a home account and other receivers.

Denny
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 gears Air Lifts
2003 HitchHiker Premier 35FKTG 215/75/17.5 Goodyear G114 Tires

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is no such thing as an RV only account. There is a pay as you go (PAYG) account which allows you to turn the service on and off. If you use a receiver at home and in your RV you will usually be better off with a standard account. There is also nothing special or different about the Dish channel line up that would be RV related. It's all the same, just a different way of paying for the same service.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Denny___Jami
Explorer
Explorer
We have a RV only Dish account and use a Tailgater and a 211K receiver, we've been with dish for 15 years and 5 with a RV only account. When we are at our homebase we just move the receiver into the house were we have a normal dish. If our Tailgater dies I will go with a Pathway X2 for a bigger dish and eastern arc satellites.

Denny
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 gears Air Lifts
2003 HitchHiker Premier 35FKTG 215/75/17.5 Goodyear G114 Tires

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Im on the dish no contract they just went to 93 for the top 250 idroppedto the top 120 lost one channel that I watched now paying 64 with aa 7.00 DVR charge

yamerhammer1
Explorer
Explorer
I have had dish now for 4 plus years. Very satisfied with them! HD tv all the time
2012 F-250 superduty
2014 Jayco premier 361reqs

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
Dish Network packages channel's included.
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

laurigray
Explorer
Explorer
We have dish in our home and just brought the receiver and a separate dish on a tripod to AZ where we will winter for the next 6 months. Has a little trouble getting it set up but fortunately we had a protection plan and a technician came to our RV park and spent about two hours replacing all of our lines (2015 fifth wheel) stating that they weren't of very high quality and we needed the better cables for reception. No charge! This would have been 100.00 I am very happy with dish and love the channel variety. If you have there version of wineguard it is about 400.00 and supposedly very simple to set up. We opted for the tripod and dish since it was only about 100.00. Will eventually upgrade but for now it works fine

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
And next year it will be back up to 90 dollars a month or more. Thise promonotial offers are usually only good for 1 year or less. Ask then what their regular price is before making any commitments.

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
we are already doing that! The option to switch is to reduce monthly cost! From what we hear the same package we have now with direct for $86/month is $49/month from Dish.

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
do what donn0128 said.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why switch? Your current direct subscribers, why not take your direct receiver from home, buy a antenna package from one of many online retailers, hook it up and watch TV.