cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish TV Satellites

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone tell me if all Dish TV receivers use the same satellites. I have a Dish Wally that uses 110, 119 and 129. I see others aiming their dishes in completely different directions. Just curious.
11 REPLIES 11

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
PButler96 wrote:
TechWriter wrote:
PButler96 wrote:
. . . the 1000 dishes are being replaced by what they refer to as the hybrid pro dishes.

The dish isn't hybrid pro, the LNB is.

Really? Most folks refer to the whole assembly as a "dish". But if ya want to split hairs.

If you currently have a Dish 1000.2 dish using either arc with a Wally or Hopper 1 or 2 and upgrade to a Hopper 3, all the tech will do at the dish is change the LNB to the required hybrid LNB. No dish change needed. If you have a 1000.4 dish, there is no hybrid LNB that fits it directly, but a simple mod will allow an original 1000.2 hybrid LNB to be installed. The new slimline hybrid LNB cannot be used though.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter wrote:
PButler96 wrote:
. . . the 1000 dishes are being replaced by what they refer to as the hybrid pro dishes.

Really? Most folks refer to the whole assembly as a "dish". But if ya want to split hairs.
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
PButler96 wrote:

2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter wrote:
PButler96 wrote:
If you have conventional tripod mounted dish you will need either 2 dishes, one for EA and one for WA so you can choose, or if you can find a 1000.4 Eastern Arc dish it can be used with a western arc LNB with a small mod to the LNB.

Both the 1000.4 and 1000.2 dishes can be fitted with either a EA or a WA LNB . . . like so.

True, but the 0.4 has a slightly larger dish and a backing structure with a fine adjustment for elevation, making alignment easier. Regardless the 1000 dishes are being replaced by what they refer to as the hybrid pro dishes.

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
PButler96 wrote:
If you have conventional tripod mounted dish you will need either 2 dishes, one for EA and one for WA so you can choose, or if you can find a 1000.4 Eastern Arc dish it can be used with a western arc LNB with a small mod to the LNB.

Both the 1000.4 and 1000.2 dishes can be fitted with either a EA or a WA LNB . . . like so.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
Dish Network uses two arrangements, Eastern Arc and Western Arc.
Western Arc is 110,119,129. Eastern Arc is 61.5 and 72 (77 has been taken out of service in most if not all of the US).

A Wally will receive either. If you have conventional tripod mounted dish you will need either 2 dishes, one for EA and one for WA so you can choose, or if you can find a 1000.4 Eastern Arc dish it can be used with a western arc LNB with a small mod to the LNB.

The further east you are western arc becomes more amd more problematic because 29 is low in the sky, if you have tall trees in the line of sight you're done. The eastern arc sats are much higher above the horizon.

At home I hit the western arc sats, at the campground I use the same Wally on Eastern arc 99% of the time.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Kountryguy wrote:
Can anyone tell me if all Dish TV receivers use the same satellites. I have a Dish Wally that uses 110, 119 and 129. I see others aiming their dishes in completely different directions. Just curious.

As others have noted, yes, DISH has 2 sets of satellites. You might also see folks pointing their antenna in a different direction as they are receiving the DirecTV signal at 99, 101 and 103.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Kountryguy wrote:
I use a Tailgater antenna. Have always set it up for the western satellites. Using the Tailgater, will I be able to use the eastern arc satellites?

Your Tailgater is not capable of receiving the Dish eastern arc satellites at 62.5 and 72.7 (the 77 sat is no longer in service for US coverage). Currently the Winegard Pathway X2 is the only portable dome style dish that's capable of receiving the full set of Dish eastern and western satellites.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Kountryguy
Explorer
Explorer
I use a Tailgater antenna. Have always set it up for the western satellites. Using the Tailgater, will I be able to use the eastern arc satellites?

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
jorbill2or wrote:
Dish is also on 77 72.7 61.5 .. the eastern arc for east coast towns mostly east of the Mississippi. The wally can receive them yes but needs a dish with the proper settings or spread to receive them. They are duplications of the west except for locals which in the east need those satellites for high def picture
Directv also points to a different set of satellites ( different direction) if your looking at them

correct but with some exceptions we were able to get the western arc sats as far east as NC and SW Florida.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dish is also on 77 72.7 61.5 .. the eastern arc for east coast towns mostly east of the Mississippi. The wally can receive them yes but needs a dish with the proper settings or spread to receive them. They are duplications of the west except for locals which in the east need those satellites for high def picture
Directv also points to a different set of satellites ( different direction) if your looking at them
Bill